Challenge: Talk Me Out of Beats Studio
Feb 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #31 of 39

Quote:
Jump on them.  Contrary to what anyone on here may tell you, $150 are exactly around what they're worth when you look at the built in amp, extra iphone cable, active noise canceling, case, and decent sound. 

Where do you get this from? I've heard numerous people say it, but I haven't read anything official about it?

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #32 of 39
Didn't hear that too.. 
Though Fanny Wangs have a built in amp.

The noise canceling of the Beats is just bad..

But in general getting the Beats Studios for 1/2 price is ok.
Inb4 fake, lol

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #34 of 39
As I see it, trends come and go. And so will Beats. Besides, it looks like you're trying to fit in. Nothing says individuality more than a good pair of AKGs, ATHs, or Senns...besides, your ears will thank you.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #35 of 39

Quote:
Where do you get this from? I've heard numerous people say it, but I haven't read anything official about it?

I'm pretty sure they use the NC circuit and call it an amp for the hell of it.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #37 of 39
Besides sounding like crap being thrown against a whirling fan, why would anyone want to spend money on the Beats! I would be embarrased to sport them, and you would have to pay me a substantial amont of money to wear them. And then I would just gut them out and put Koss Portapro drivers in them so they will sound good, to trick whoever paid me 300 bucks to wear them in public.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #38 of 39

Quote:
That Bose crack was just to get a rise out of us, wasn't it?  Ha!  For half-price, give the Beats a try and see if you like them.  If not, sell them at a profit and try something else (maybe the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7b, Sennheiser PXC450, or Beyerdynamic DJX-1 (even less $$$).

i would not suggest the sennheiser pxc 450, im wearing it and listening to music right now. sound quality is good but for hip hop and rap, i dont think they are the headphones op is looking for because it lacks bass. second they are pretty big though they can fold and fit into the carrying case. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #39 of 39
I'd say you like them but you want some sort of validation - just get it and be happy. It seems like a good fit for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back