chalange: Ayreon
Jun 4, 2008 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nff

100+ Head-Fier
ok try and decern the vocal layers in this song between :41s -1:08 and 1:36-2:03 and finaly 3:37- end.

YouTube - 08 - Ayreon - The Human Equation - School

i know crap quality but i dont have a lossless version of the file. best i got is a 225kb version. if anybody has a better version i would much apreciate it.

oh yea if anybody is wondering the singer is Devin Townsend.

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 8
From my FLAC -

First Chunk:

Seeking to find
deep in the trauma as it leaves you behind
Bleeding it gone into the
profit of the competition
Loving today,
all of the feelings are they going away
Ending it now,
I'd rather hear about the where and the how

I am trying to pick apart the other layers, mostly sounds like just parts of the lyrics in large monster voice.

Cheers,

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 8
Right it is Rage and Human. Rage is just doubling human in these sections. They are slightly off from one another and Rage is very augmented. But he is doubling the lyrics.

This was very clear when I switched over the the L3000's.

I don't hear any other layers in there.

Cheers,

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 8
ah well aperently their is 25 difrent layers*acording to devin* of just rage's(devin townsend) voice. i can hear about 6 he creats a choir with himself then their is a feint doubling of the lyrics in a screamed voice. which changes channels and their is also a ghost of a scream in the first part before the more prominent screams

ps mikeymad no chance of sending me that flac? i realy wish i had that album but i cant find it physically. (no cc or pp)

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 8
I suspect some of the layers are actually Devin singing exactly the same notes, so maybe if you hear 5 discernable notes at any given point in a song, there might be 5 layers for each note? Who cares, sounded like a bit of a gimmick when I read about it haha I just read '25' as 'lots'.

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 8
meh whatever he did he did it well and it sounds good. id just like to see how many each person can dicern with their audiophile equipment.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
ok try and decern the vocal layers in this song between :41s -1:08 and 1:36-2:03 and finaly 3:37- end.

YouTube - 08 - Ayreon - The Human Equation - School

i know crap quality but i dont have a lossless version of the file. best i got is a 225kb version. if anybody has a better version i would much apreciate it.

oh yea if anybody is wondering the singer is Devin Townsend.

know i'm bumping an ancient thread, but if anyone's still listening and you want a REAL challenge, try and do the same with the Flaming Row song "Initiation Fugato".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back