Chaintech users, I need serious help!
Mar 21, 2004 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bubbers214

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just going to thank you in advance if you do this for me! Anyway, i decided to try this http://www.forgotten-realms.cfl.pl/o...pageid=aurprod to get ASIO support, but unfortunately the output sounds horrid out of my system so i need to go back to the original flash. Unfortunately i forgot to back up the EEPROM on the original. If someone could use that utility on that site to dump the original EEPROM data for me, i would be so grateful! Thanks again.

Mar 22, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 3
anybody?
I really dont wanna RMA this card because i screwed up and forgot to backup the EEPROM
frown.gif

Mar 22, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 3
Unfortunately, there isnt no solution out for this, because flashing the EEPROM to a new one would void the warranty if the EEPROM isnt meant for the same soundcard, the option that you have left is to ask some owner of the same chaintech card, to make a dump of the BIOS of their existing card, and send the BIOS dump to you. Use the same flashing utility for flashing back the downloaded bios.

Or other way is to contact the company and ask them to send a copy of the BIOS to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back