chaintech av710 confusion
Jan 5, 2005 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

futangclan

New Head-Fier
i have just purchased the chaintech av710 to run to my panasonic sa-xr25. i have read and reread the guides and searched for threads about it, but i remain thoroughly confused as to how to get the most of out of this card.

should i flash to the prodigy firmware and run the optical out to the optical in on my receiver? or would it be better to utilize the dac on the av710 and use the jack next to the optical out?

please help, doing searches has only confused me and opinions would be appreciated.

Jan 5, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 6
with an xr25 your best bet would be to keep the signal bit perfect and digital going into the xr25 since it utilizes digital amp's your best bet would be to keep the signal in the digital domain as long as possible with as few conversions as possible.

Jan 5, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoodge
with an xr25 your best bet would be to keep the signal bit perfect and digital going into the xr25 since it utilizes digital amp's your best bet would be to keep the signal in the digital domain as long as possible with as few conversions as possible.

so i should just leave the signal at 44.1khz and avoid upsampling?

Jan 5, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by futangclan
so i should just leave the signal at 44.1khz and avoid upsampling?

Yes that is correct.

Jan 8, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 6
I had an XR45 that worked better with upsampling via Monarchy Audio DIP Upsampler. I would say try both settings and see what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back