Chaintech AV-710 original driver needed
May 17, 2005 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

marmul

100+ Head-Fier
Needs: Original install CD that was shipped with the Chaintech AV710.

Hello head-fiers. I recently re-imaged my PC and after doing so have an annoying problem with my sound card. There is constant interference they can easily be heard when the volume is low on my headphone rig. Months back I upgraded to a Chaintech AV-710 to get rid of some annoying sounds that were coming from my on board audio card. I disabled the on board and installed the chaintech with a hitch. The noise disappeared and I was very, very pleased with my sound system here at work. Now the noise is back. The only thing I did was re-image the PC. I realized I could not find the original install CD and downloaded the latest from Chaintech's site. This did not help my cause. It loaded some hoopty new GUI that complicated matters. I would like to get a copy of the original driver disc, can anyone out there help me?

May 18, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the detailed information. Your information is very well documented and easy to follow. I followed the instructions (including loading the older drivers) but this did not fix the issue I am having. I am not sure how to get rid of this noise.

Anyone else have any ideas?

May 18, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 5
You must have something causing interference. Did you move or add any hardware to the computer?

Jun 3, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks to those who responded. I am not sure exactly what went wrong but this issue has been resolved. I reimaged my PC again, this time I loaded the drivers through the Device Mangler and did mnot use the Envy Setup.exe. This seems to have fixed the issue I was having.

No more interference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back