Chaintech AV-710 Master Volume Problem.
Dec 2, 2004 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Squibbles

100+ Head-Fier
I just installed the AV-710. And I've updated the drivers. But when going into the properties, the Master Volume slider does not work. Putting it at max will increase the right headphone, but the left side does not change. Decreasing both sides completely will shut the right completely, but the left will contine playing. They're linked so shouldn't they increase and decrease the simultaneously? Thanks.

Master Volume Box:
chaintech.jpg

Driver Information:
chaintech02.jpg

Thanks.

Dec 2, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 9
This is a known bug with the drivers when they're operating in the high sample rate mode. If you need to adjust the volume use the "Back Stereo" volume adjustment or turn off the high sample rate mode before you adjust the volume.

Dec 2, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 9
It does this in every mode...
Is there no way to achieve the max volume?

[EDIT]
I was reading your guide, and it seems my drivers are different [newer] than the one you posted. Should I install your drivers, even though they're older?

Dec 2, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 9
I have the newest ones and I'm fine. I think it's just you.

Dec 2, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm using headphones. You're using speakers. Would that make a difference? It can't be just me, can it?

Dec 2, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squibbles
I'm using headphones. You're using speakers. Would that make a difference? It can't be just me, can it?

No, it's not just you. But it is only in high sample rate mode & master volume control, as MrRadar said. Go to normal 2 channel mode, increase master volume slider to maximum. Then go back to hi-res 2 channel and use only the back speaker slider.

Dec 2, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 9
Awwww. Thank You Thank You.

I never realized I had to adjust the back speakers after adjusting the master volume in normal mode. Just adjusting the master volume in normal mode still produces the same problem. But the back speakers slider fixed it!

Thanks again! Now to find a nice amp to couple it with..
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2004 at 4:13 AM Post #8 of 9
I thought I had the most recent drivers but I am at version 5.12.01.3614. Where can the updated driver be found? I followed the links in Mr. Radar's origional AV-710 post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back