CF MP3 Player?
Nov 15, 2002 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tachyon

New Head-Fier
Just wondering if there is such a thing on the market. An mp3 player that will accept CF cards (either of both Type1 or Type2).

There are players with smartmedia, SD and memorysticks compatibility, but I havent seen any for CF.

Anyone?
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:43 AM Post #5 of 10
Tachyon,

Hi there I own A NexII and it is a nice little player. It will fit in a shirt pocket and sounds nice With Koss 35's. I use it when i need a little music and Don't want to mess with an amp. Also the CF card can be used in my camera so I can Use 1/2 for pictures and 1/2 for Music. The largest card I own is a 256Meg, but depending on your mp3 size you can fit a nice amount of music in it.
Any Questions maybe i can help.

Nov 18, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 10
Pym:

Thanks for your offer. I will look up to see what they have here in Japan, and see if I can pick up one of these (this or iriver IMP400 ).

WatchDog:

Oh my God?!!? you on here too? Hey, its Tachyon back from miataclub.ca.
biggrin.gif

Colin

Nov 18, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 10
kaiwei,
To answer your question using koss 35's and turning up the Vol to max I here no hiss. If there is one it can't be much. The unit is powered by 2 AA's and there is no AC type plug for it.

The NexII is light, the weight of the unit is from the AA's and the CF card. Mine came in a package of sorts with a belt clip carry case and some front color inserts. They can be placed in the unit to personalize it..

The Mp3 transfer is just drag and Drop So it is easy to add songs. I usually use my CF card reader to transfer but there Should be A usb cable with it , at least there was with mine.

Pym

Nov 19, 2002 at 12:45 AM Post #10 of 10
Just read the frontierlabs website. They now have the NexIIe model avaliable which draws power with USB cable when downloading / uploading songs. I wonder if this could be used as a external AC power (in terms of charging battery).

Complex:

You have seen this unit? I notice you are from Tokyo. I am in Nagoya right now, just wondering where did you see it in Japan (want ot pick one up).
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back