CES 2006: The New Karma?
Jan 10, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
I'm not registered at DAP Review, but I want to thank Austonia for the great coverage. Now I know what to wait for. Heck, I know what chipset to wait for. Let's hope the products they design around it are good...

thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sigmatel was high on our priority list at CES. Only it kind of sucked to find out that it will be another year before we will see the Avalon in production. Even that is kind of iffy - they are still trying to find ODMs to build the damn thing.

Someone hook me up with a venture capitalist....

Jan 10, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sigmatel was high on our priority list at CES. Only it kind of sucked to find out that it will be another year before we will see the Avalon in production. Even that is kind of iffy - they are still trying to find ODMs to build the damn thing.

Someone hook me up with a venture capitalist....

That's actually fine by me - when I was researching on what DAP I wanted for my first ever foray into the world I was looking all around and I had always thought that the Karma looked great and was a little upset to hear that Rio had gone under. In the end I settled with the iAudio X5L which I love... but if the Avalon was to come out soon then I'd be being seriously tempted to get one (even though I wanted to be able to stick with the X5 for about 1-2 years before changing)

If it's going to be a year or two before it's released then it could just hit my upgrade time perfectly
biggrin.gif
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back