Centrance Mini-M8
Mar 2, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #167 of 296

Did you try it with other phones, cables, source etc.?

Not to be flippant, just a general observation....but whenever I read about a product having hiss 8/10 the person seems to be using Shure in ears.

The noise floor is much lower, but using a very sensitive iem with low impedance, like the Shure 846, is a worst case scenario for the Mini M8.For my Noble K10, there is no hiss.The Noble N5 does have low level of hiss, but I don't notice it usually.Hiss isn't an issue when using the Mini M8 with any of my headphones.

:) 
wink_face.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #168 of 296
  Since the 846 is my only headphone, it's the only case that matters :wink:  

Ahh, well, then it looks like the Mini-M8 probably isn't for you.

Not trying to derail the thread, but in case you're looking for a portable amp, the Leckerton UHA-6S MkII has worked nicely with all of my iems, including my old Sony XBA-3s, which are more sensitive than my Noble iems. The Leckerton is a great portable, even if you only use the amp portion. The newer UHA 760 may be a bit better with iems, given that it's digital volume control (my UHA-6S channel balance is a bit off at very low listening level, likely do to the analog pot). Also, I have previously owned and tried some Ray Samuels (RSA) amps, all of which had a black background. They sounded a bit too smooth and dark for my liking, but worked well with all of my headphones.

Mostly I use the Mini-M8 with my iems, but it drives all of my headphones nicely. I have to spend more time with it, but the Audeze LCD-XC seems to lack some bass and loses some front-to-back soundstage depth with the Mini, at least compared to the big M8. Not sure if it is related to the big M8's greater power, or something else.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #169 of 296
As I said earlier,I have zero problem with hiss using my pico power or my AK240 or other amps using my 846 so it is something with the mimi-m8....i did send it back today because for me it just wont work

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #171 of 296
As I said earlier,I have zero problem with hiss using my pico power or my AK240 or other amps using my 846 so it is something with the mimi-m8....i did send it back today because for me it just wont work

I did cancelled mine previously due to concern over the hiss. The Oppo HA2 is good and serve the same function (except that it doesn't work with iPod classic). You may want to check that out once it's launched.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #172 of 296
Mine arrives on Friday, but my credit card balance has scared me into selling it.   Anyone want it?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/757400/centrance-mini-m8-brand-new-un-opened

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #173 of 296
i must admit i was very surprised by the hiss since the mini is in essence designed for IEM's which are more sensitive and i would have assumed that they would have worked to make it less sensitive to hiss....

Mar 6, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #174 of 296
I think flipping it is illegal on this site. Didn't you get it for $399? I would probably check the rules. You don't want to get banned.

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #177 of 296
The definition of flipping is selling it for more than you paid.  As mentioned it will get you banned.  

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #178 of 296
I just took the risk and dropped $400.  Will report back on any issues or hiss.  That said, I only have a pair of inefficient IEMs (RE-262) so I don't expect to hear much hiss from them anyway.  Hard for me to justify spending $700 for the Intruder if this one works well.

Selling it for $650? Do that on eBay, not here. We are not here to make money off the community.

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #180 of 296
I received my mini yesterday. With my JH11 I can only hear hiss at full volume with no music playing. It seems to be the same not matter the gain level. The volume has to be all the way up. I will never listen to an IEM that high anyway.

On another note, I can't seem to get the thing to fire up over USB. Windows tells me the device won't start (code 10). I've tried re-installing but no luck. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back