Centrance Mini-M8
Oct 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #61 of 296
I was hing to have by canjam. Don't think that is going to happen.

Jim

I will mail Centrance and see If we can get an update as to the release.

They have a few products in the works, they are busy with Mixerface and also the Glove at the moment also.

I was hoping for an October release.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #70 of 296
hello mr. mgoodman, sorry if it has been discussed in many other thread. I just wonder the balance output will significant change SQ on iem. because balance out with dedicated for iem is the most interesting in this product. I read someone give impression about balance out in AK100II thread, and I still confuse what him talk about. 

thx

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #71 of 296
palermo, hopefully mgoodman will chime in, but from my personal experience using my K10 ciems balanced the soundstage seems larger with better separation between instruments, and fuller bass. On some recordings, the effect can be substantial, and on others I don't notice much of a difference.

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #72 of 296
@palermo, hopefully mgoodman will chime in, but from my personal experience using my K10 ciems balanced the soundstage seems larger with better separation between instruments, and fuller bass. On some recordings, the effect can be substantial, and on others I don't notice much of a difference.

Thanks for your sharing. What device did you used?
That person said he got slight lower volume from BA out of AK100 II than SE out. so I assume there are mistake on that, BA amplification or cabling I don't know. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #73 of 296
  Thanks for your sharing. What device did you used?
That person said he got slight lower volume from BA out of AK100 II than SE out. so I assume there are mistake on that, BA amplification or cabling I don't know. 

I was using the balanced out directly from my AK100 II with the Noble K10 ciem.

I'm not sure which post you were referring to, but I don't think the balanced output is much higher than the single-ended output on the player, so possibly in that user's case, he thought the volume level was lower...I really don't know. Using a balanced cable may have some negative effect on volume, if somehow it had much high impedance compared to that user's single-ended cable (pure conjecture on my part, probably best left ignored).

In the case of the Mini M8, I imagine the balanced output will be considerably higher compared to the single-ended output, but after a quick search, I didn't find any specs posted on the CEntrance site. Since the Mini M8 is designed with iems and sensitive/more portable headphones in mind, volume shouldn't be a concern.

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #74 of 296
I still expecting blow the SQ by BA out. It may more relevant on DAC/Amp more than mobile DAP. OK just wait for Centrance updates. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back