Centrance Mini-M8
Jul 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #32 of 296
Was hoping to see some pre-order special but it seems that there is only pre-order without special 
etysmile.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #33 of 296
The unit needs to be ON, which means that the source/power switch on the back panel need to be in either the left or right position. In the middle position the unit is OFF and neither input works.

One more...

Is the unit usable while plugged into power?  Ie plugged into the wall, pc usb selected, use all week at work/home without the battery dying?  In short the plan is to use the miniM8 as my one and only that I use at home/office with iems and powered monitors as a usb dac/amp, and on my commute or in the studio as dac/amp for my AK without having to stop and charge.

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #34 of 296
Was hoping to see some pre-order special but it seems that there is only pre-order without special :etysmile:

Orders have started pouring in. We have a limited number of units arriving from the first production batch and we are concerned that they will be out of stock. Would rather keep delivery dates than have people wait.

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #35 of 296
One more...

Is the unit usable while plugged into power?  Ie plugged into the wall, pc usb selected, use all week at work/home without the battery dying?  In short the plan is to use the miniM8 as my one and only that I use at home/office with iems and powered monitors as a usb dac/amp, and on my commute or in the studio as dac/amp for my AK without having to stop and charge.

No issues with this plan. Again, behavior should be similar to that of the HiFi-M8 and many people use that product plugged in all the time. Charging will stop when full and then will top off as necessary, without harming the battery. Mini-M8 works just like a cell phone in that respect.

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #36 of 296
Could have sworn the middle position was referred to as the charging position and not the off position which is why I asked.  No names but quite a few "other" companies make odd design choices so I like to ask in advance now :wink:

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #45 of 296
Presume you mean Aphla Dogs...  They are pretty inefficient and the MiniM8 is advertised as an iem amp so... who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back