Centrance DACPort with Sennheisers? (With HD650/800)
Sep 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

polarbear123

aka davisxu
aka rajmahal
aka gradofan1
Hi, I'm a noob at headfi, so please excuse this probably stupid question,

-- If I buy a Centrance Dacport (I know its bright), and turn the EQ on the high end down a lot, will it drive my HD800 as a portable?

-- I've heard it works well with the HD650 because of its dark nature...

My question is, before I blow $300 on a portable DAC/AMP, will it work with my senn's?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 3
I've been thinking about trying to get a HD800 myself. I wouldn't say that the DACport is bright though. The highest treble is slightly rolled off but it's still sparkly and detailed and the lowest bass is not that well defined but there is a bit of warmth there at the bottom that helps mask that. So, overall balanced sounding but not showing everything transparent - Headfonia said that the DACport sounds a bit blurry or smeared and I would somewhat agree. I've mostly tested my DACport (1 ohm) with lower impedance headphones though.

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks.. the main reason I want to get a DacPort is because its the only USB portable AMP/DAC that has a 1/4" plug.

The HD800's are notorious for their harshness in the high ranges, which is why I was asking this question. Because I like sitting in bed and listening to music rather than my fat desktop DAC/AMP setup...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back