CEntrance DACPORT BASS LIGHT?
Feb 10, 2011 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

demo1

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I've been reading about the DACPORT for some time and  a lot of people seem to like it. There have been multiple citations of it being better than the Pico, RSA, IBassos, etc. However upon further research, some have been citing a light bass response with dacport which is a big concern for me. Sure I would like crystal clear highs and ultra transparency but not at the expense of my bass. CEntrance has even said that this may be due to the fact that the amp is solely powered by USB. However, does this bass light problem only apply to full sized headphones (that are harder to drive and such, have a weaker bass response)? Or would it apply to IEMs as well. I will be strictly using IEMS with the DACPORT so if this is the case, I wouldn't have to worry.

I've also been looking into the iBasso D6. I'm either getting one or the other depending on the responses I get.

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 2
The DACport is overkill for IEM's. You don't need 1.5W of class A power for those.

It's not bass light but it lacks a little dynamics when driving big headphones (compared to desktop NOT to other portable solutions). I don't know how it is with IEM's, I don't use those. Basically don't expect it to make your sound bassy because it won't. It's a little dark though (upper high is a little attenuated) but this is usually good for most headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back