CEntrance BlueDAC - Anyone aware?
Jan 29, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #76 of 94
IMHO it is an amp with a DAC. Any competent digital engineer can put an AK DAC chip together with a Qualcomm Bluetooth chip. All the rest is amplifier. You really have to know some stuff to design an amplifier that that sounds this good. I love the transparency, dynamics and soundstage of the amp in the BlueDAC. @mgoodman has it dialed...
Thank you so much for your great feedback! This means a lot. But I did like the original text even better, haha. You can certainly bring it back! :wink:

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #79 of 94
Thank you @mgoodman for a such beautiful device. I really like it sooo much)
I`ve got a question about tidal`s mqa. When i connect bluedac via usb to my pc and playing tidal master quality tracks, do i get it encoded by bluedac as 24/48 if original sample rate is 24/98?
As far as i understand firmware of dac should support native mqa for 24/98 playback.

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #80 of 94
Damn, after reading all the comments here. Am really tempted to buy a unit to try out. So far my only go-to Bluetooth amp has been the AK XB10. Looks like it’s time to upgrade.

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #81 of 94
I'm on a Mahler jag these days. Listening to DSDs of Mahler's Lieder and Fourth on my reference electrostat system brings tears to my eyes. So, just for grins, I decided to replace my Ayre Acoustics DAC with the BlueDAC in DOP mode. It sounded AMAZING! This is using Audirvana Plus on a Mac. A couple of clicks to set up DOP and, bingo, audiophile nirvana! No sampling hash, just vinyl-like smoothness. DSD is much more sensitive to jitter than PCM, so the clocks in the BlueDAC have to be rock solid. Sure my DAC sounds (a little) better, but not 8 times the cost better. The BlueDAC is an amalgam of a flawless zero feedback amplifier and an excellent DAC; voiced by an artist. Kudos @mgoodman!

May 15, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #82 of 94
So. I`ve got a new problem with my BleuDac. It started when i noticed that housing of dac start deforming. It was hard to take a proper photo because of black color but I tried as hard as i can. I always use hard case to carry it and never left it on direct sunlight but as you can see flat surface of housing became curved. And main problem that dac is not working anymore when i connect it to my pc via usb. It working now only in bluetooth mode. It seems to me that plastic of housing causes a pressure to PCB plate and electronic elements on it. I am quite sure that the reason of this problem is temperature that come form inside of the dac (when in working) on the plastic chassis that is NOT heat-resistant and it literally starts to MELT. I tried not to pay attention on build quality because of really good sound but this make me cry now. Any comments @mgoodman ?
https://imgur.com/a/FhhaSml

Attachments

• IMG_20180515_135702.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #83 of 94
So. I`ve got a new problem with my BleuDac. It started when i noticed that housing of dac start deforming. It was hard to take a proper photo because of black color but I tried as hard as i can. I always use hard case to carry it and never left it on direct sunlight but as you can see flat surface of housing became curved. And main problem that dac is not working anymore when i connect it to my pc via usb. It working now only in bluetooth mode. It seems to me that plastic of housing causes a pressure to PCB plate and electronic elements on it. I am quite sure that the reason of this problem is temperature that come form inside of the dac (when in working) on the plastic chassis that is NOT heat-resistant and it literally starts to MELT. I tried not to pay attention on build quality because of really good sound but this make me cry now. Any comments @mgoodman ?
https://imgur.com/a/FhhaSml

Contact centrance they will fix it no problem.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #85 of 94
I wonder why there's so little discussion about the BlueDac, this thing is wonderful!

I've stopped using my mojo ever since getting the BlueDac.

Aug 2, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #86 of 94
i got a bluedac coming my way in the next couple of days. is there any plan on upgrading firmware to facilitate APTX HD and LDAC?

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #87 of 94
It’s a sad fact that HeadphoneAddict hasn’t used any of his other DAC/Amps all summer, except for the BlueDAC. My desktop rig is getting dusty because I have the BlueDAC plus Edition-X, Westone ES60, and JH Audio Roxanne or JH16 Pro freqphase to keep me occupied.

And my desktop rig is nothing to sneeze at with PS Audio Perfectwave DAC Mk2 + Ethernet bridge > Eddie Current ZDT amp > HiFi Man HE-1000, Edition-X, Sennheiser HD800 (plus Sennheiser HE60 Baby Orpheus), HE-560, and LCD-2 v2. Small and lightweight to use from my lazy boy and adjustable bed FTW.

My son and I have a room booked at the Marriott for Rocky Mountain Audio Fest this year, so I’m wondering if CEntrance has any new announcements. I might just pick up the phone...

Aug 6, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #89 of 94
I am glad to hear that you prefer BlueDac over PS Audio Perfectwave DAC Mk2. It is really shows the potential how portable audio gear can compete with it`s big brother.

Yeah, it's not that BlueDAC sounds better or anything; but I prefer to sit in my Lazyboy chair and listen via my laptop or iPhone than to head over to my big headphone rig and fire up and warm everything up for a short 30-60 minute session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back