Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe - ending point in my search for a new reference
Jan 30, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #452 of 542
Connected how.....devices??? :relaxed:
The reclocker has an USB-in and USB-output, so basically it is placed ‘in the gain’.. plus, a 10 MHz master clock can be connected to the reclocker if desired.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #453 of 542
1706627429816.png
Arrived a little while ago, I'll let it go into thermal equilibrium so that the OCXO clock on board goes to temperature and then I'll report back to you on its performance :wink:
It looks really stunning by the way!

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #455 of 542
This LHY UIP has me intrigued. I sell several different DDC's but I have never tried a USB re-clocker. What audible differences are being heard?
I only have experience with the Ideon Time as a USB-reclocker, but I can echo the findings from @bodhidharma regarding the LHY:

Extraordinary reclocker! He took the Cen Grand to a stratospheric level, the most shocking improvement being on timbre, soundstage and dynamics. However, all parameters have improved a lot
Of course YMMV, but overall you can say USB Reclockers impact the CG’s sound positively in the time domain (also for my current DAC).

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #461 of 542
@Aibek
Could you please write a few words about the difference in the sound signature between Metronome c|AQWO and Cen.Grand DSDAC. Thank you.
In short, the Metronome c|AQWO is superior to the Deluxe in terms of sound. Which is not surprising, given the cost of the devices.
The Frenchman’s sound is reliably volumetric (synonyms are space, stage width and depth, holography and 3D effect), realistic (full feeling of what the director said - “I believe”), uniquely musical (involvement, emotions, ease - the music “flows” in the ears, brains).
So, the Frenchman outperforms the Chinese in terms of sound stage volume, detail, realism and, possibly, musicality.
But these are solely my impressions. I'm waiting for sales of the CEN.grand GLD1.0 media player. Maybe the situation will change.

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #462 of 542
In short, the Metronome c|AQWO is superior to the Deluxe in terms of sound. Which is not surprising, given the cost of the devices.
The Frenchman’s sound is reliably volumetric (synonyms are space, stage width and depth, holography and 3D effect), realistic (full feeling of what the director said - “I believe”), uniquely musical (involvement, emotions, ease - the music “flows” in the ears, brains).
So, the Frenchman outperforms the Chinese in terms of sound stage volume, detail, realism and, possibly, musicality.
But these are solely my impressions. I'm waiting for sales of the CEN.grand GLD1.0 media player. Maybe the situation will change.
Just cureous how many hours have you put on the Deluxe?

Feb 10, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #465 of 542
Thank you @Aibek. I have been impressed by the sound of Metronome c|AQWO but never had a chance to hear it in a direct comparison with Cen.Grand Deluxe, so your description is very helpful.

What source are you using for these comparisons? I still use a CD transport as my main source,

If c|AQWO is optimised for t|AQWO and DSDAC Deluxe is optimised for GLD, then it would be an interesting comparison to drive both c|AQWO and DSDAC Deluxe by GLD once it materialises. Having said that, your description suggests that it might be difficult for DSDAC Deluxe to outperform c|AQWO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back