Cellphone with good camera?
Jan 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #16 of 33
Megapixels don't neccessarily mean a better photo.
A dedicated camera with less megapixels will take better photo than a camera phone.
Personally I can't stand the camera's on phones, and would rather have my pocket bulge a little more with an actual point-and-shoot camera. But to each his own I suppose.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 33
Having tried most.. Sony Ericsson camera phones have best quality IMO.

the new C905 ?

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohemianism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A dedicated camera with less megapixels will take better photo than a camera phone.
Personally I can't stand the camera's on phones, and would rather have my pocket bulge a little more with an actual point-and-shoot camera. But to each his own I suppose.

one can dream..

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #23 of 33
LG Dare

comes with a 3.2 mega pixel cam with lenses specifically made from Schneider.

great phone as well

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohemianism /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True. That's why I rely on comparisons. Sorta like headphone reviews you might say.

Here's a nice recent one from GSM arena:

Grand 8 megapixel shootout: The latest and greatest - GSMArena.com

With that, I'd pick the Samsung Innov8 since I txt message a lot and touchscreens are a pain. I'm also a Symbian believer
biggrin.gif
. If price is an issue, the N82 is a must have with it's Xenon. I still can't believe Nokia doesn't have a new Xenon phone to replace the N82 after almost 2 years. Perhaps soon. I hope with OLED as well.

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #25 of 33
n82 w/ xenon flash get my vote...i have a n85 and i am quite happy w/ the pic qulity when flash is not used...but i really wish nokia have put both xenon flash for photo and dual led for video shooting...

Feb 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #27 of 33
I had an N82 (before it was stolen) and its camera is one of the best I have even experienced on a cellphone. Its quality was at par with my PnS Sony W5 cam.. Highly recommended IMO

Feb 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #28 of 33
I got a N95 as well and it has a pretty good camera (it's also an awesome phone/interwebz communications device/PDA/GPS/music player/video player/remote control/lazer sword/etc.). However, it's only got a LED flash, and it's pretty damn expensive (unless you're lucky and find a lightly used one for $150 :).

SE k850i is also supposed to be quite good. In its time, the predecessor k750i was kind of the reference of mobile cameras.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #29 of 33
Dont waste your money on anything above 5mp. I have the LG secret wich has a 5mp camera and the pictures come out razor sharp. I believe the LG secret is also the slimmest 5mp with flash and autofocus phone available on the market. There is simply no need for more megapixels. At this point other factors are more important.

I'm truly satisfied with the pictures. Other then that I totally hate the phone though.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #30 of 33
N82 is what I use. It takes above average pictures and videos. It has swappable memory and can be purchased unlocked, which is great for folks who are constantly on the go!

The N95 would be a nice alternative choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back