Cell Phone
Oct 11, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 31
I have a Sony Ericcson T310 which I like a lot.
snt310_01.jpg
(Looks much better IRL than on pictures, a lot more metallic looking and less plasticy.) But it's already an older model. Only con I can think of is that the color display has just 256 colors. But it's a good display otherwise.
I like the calender function, alarm clock, feature to copy the entire phonebook on the sim and from the sim on the phone. (Nice if you get a new simcard or someone else needs to copy theirs.) Infrared port is very handy too as I have a laptop.

Just recieved the Siemens MC60 a couple of days ago.
simc60.gif

(Free from the bank. A nationwide "if you safe a certain amount of money you get a phone for "free"" offer.)
I believe it's also an older model. I'm not overly impressed with it. It doesn't feel very solid. Has about the same features as the T310 but the display is 4096 colors. Yet it's worse in many aspects than the T310's display. It distorts pictures. Which is not very handy with the build in camera. (Everyone gets long faces). The camera is crap anyway. Really bad!
The phone has no infrared port or bluetooth so you need a cabel to hook it up to your computer. I'm not planning on getting one so the camera is completely useless to me.
And I haven't found a way to use non-polyphonic ringtones with it.

If I had to choose between the two I'd go with the T310.

Oct 11, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 31
I had a siemens phone recently, as well. I found it annoying to use. The one redeeming factor, though, was that it had dynamic lights on the side that would flash when the phone rings. Great if the phone is on silent and you're in a dark room.

For me, nothing beats the ease of use, simplicity and durability of the Nokia phones. I've had four of them and everytime I go to upgrade my phone or I lose one, I end up looking at the fancier flip phones, etc., but I walk out with a Nokia. Fast forward a couple of months and my friends with the flip phones have broken antennae, broken screens, etc. but the Nokia is still going strong. My current one is the 3100, which like a lot.

Oct 11, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 31
I had a few Nokia's also. Built like tanks. They were also the size of tanks, back in the day. I've had a few broken antennaes with my flip phone. Cell phone insurance pays off, the way I treat my phones.

Oct 11, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 31
Another Nokia user here.. Currently using Nokia 8390, have all the basic function that I need, small, looks good, definately a keeper. What I like about Nokia is their menu. It is the most user friendly.

Oct 11, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 31
This here is all you really need:
Motorola_Startac_ST7868W.jpg

But since I can't get those activated anymore I have this which I have to admit is a bit better anyway:
verizonlgvx4400.jpg

The LG VX4400.

Oct 11, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #10 of 31
Hiker...

I still have one of those original StarTac 70s, from way back in the day...

Even though they are lithium ion batteries (I have the extra battery that clips onto the back too) neither of them hold much of a charge anymore
frown.gif

My current phones are the Sony Ericsson T630, and Sharp GX20, i'm due an upgrade in a month or so, and am really stuck as to whether to get the Sharp GX30, or the Sony K700i...

Decisions Decisions...

Oct 11, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #11 of 31
B00028YSDK.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

With the exception of it's battery life this phone is excellent. Call quality is top notch, plenty of features, Bluetooth.

Edit: I guess the model info would be helpful, it's a Sony-Ericsson T637

Oct 11, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 31
My parents got some LG 1400's to replace their old phones. I must admit, they're quite an impressive piece of circuitry, however, the cases are made of plastic! My dad's old V600 has a nice aluminum case. Also, the battery indicator sucks. It gets down to one bar really fast, then stays there for like a week. Clearly a bad battery indicator in there. Still, they're light as heck, sound good, and are quite colorful and user-friendly.

Oct 11, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #15 of 31
LG_5450.jpg

I picked up an LG 5450 just recently. Awesome phone! It has a lot of pretty colors which I like as well.
tongue.gif

I must say, I find Telus to be one of the most easiest and overall best providers I've ever worked with. (Fido is still my #1 pick!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back