Cell phone radiation causes changes in brain!!!
Feb 24, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 15
That's really, really old news.  They cause cancer, they really do.  If a poo-poo piece appears on Yahoo news, just ask yourself how much revenue does Yahoo probably derive from cell phone ads???

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:
That's really, really old news.  They cause cancer, they really do.  If a poo-poo piece appears on Yahoo news, just ask yourself how much revenue does Yahoo probably derive from cell phone ads???

Really? I wasn't aware of a similar research done that had the audacity to strap cell phones on people's heads. Sounds like a heavy risk to take if a test subject eventually got a brain tumor.

Quote:
In a sense this makes texting seem more safe and effective.  One of my friends texts almost exclusively because he's afraid of brain cancer, but then again he also doesn't use deodorant.

LOL I don't understand the relevance of the last part, but I don't use deodorant either. =/

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 15
It doesn't really matter because we won't live long enough.  We'll all die when the world runs out of fossil fuels, we can no longer produce enough food because our current production depends on technology and fertilizer, and people run around like chickens with their heads cut off due to lack of GPS devices and facebook, and the ensuing loss of standard of living creates plagues which noone can stop because we can no longer ship medicine and all the horses are already dead and we're too fat to walk.

Feb 25, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
It doesn't really matter because we won't live long enough.  We'll all die when the world runs out of fossil fuels, we can no longer produce enough food because our current production depends on technology and fertilizer, and people run around like chickens with their heads cut off due to lack of GPS devices and facebook, and the ensuing loss of standard of living creates plagues which noone can stop because we can no longer ship medicine and all the horses are already dead and we're too fat to walk.

We don't need horses.

We have bicycles.

I don't want to die because of the combined forces of AT&T and Apple, but I can't live without them... =/ Such an ideal combination yet so destructive. Probably.

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 15
I choose to use a bluetooth device and ERS paper to reduce my risk 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 15
Who cares. We're exposed to far worse things throughout our lives that are obviously bad for our health. This whole cell phone paranoia  is annoying, every month someone says it causes cancer, then the next they say it doesn't. 

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
LOL I don't understand the relevance of the last part, but I don't use deodorant either. =/

Some say deodorant causes cancer, swollen lymph nodes, and/or alzheimer's.  I'm not saying it does or doesn't.

I'm one for phone use.  Not to be morbid but something will be the death of me. If it's not my phone, then it's the food I eat.  If it isn't the food I eat then it's the air I breathe. All of it is probably going to give me cancer.  As long as I enjoy the now I'm really not concerned with the later.  Flawed logic I know, but if I don't use it... well then I end up trapped in my basement being reclusive.  Oh wait; it's already happened.

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 15

Yeah I forgot to mention that part but yeah there is a belief that it can cause the formation of cancers.  I mean everyday that you watch the television you hear about recalls or lawsuits regarding drugs that were tested by the FDA the drug Avandia comes into mind. 
Quote:

Some say deodorant causes cancer, swollen lymph nodes, and/or alzheimer's.  I'm not saying it does or doesn't.

I'm one for phone use.  Not to be morbid but something will be the death of me. If it's not my phone, then it's the food I eat.  If it isn't the food I eat then it's the air I breathe. All of it is probably going to give me cancer.  As long as I enjoy the now I'm really not concerned with the later.  Flawed logic I know, but if I don't use it... well then I end up trapped in my basement being reclusive.  Oh wait; it's already happened.

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #13 of 15
I sold my Stax after another Head-Fier expressed caution about having those high voltages so near the brain.  I have a cell phone, use it as little as possible, and when I do, it is on "speaker" and held well away from my head.

Did any of you know that it is very possible to correlate the advance of electrification across the globe and the increase of cancers in now-electrified areas?

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
I sold my Stax after another Head-Fier expressed caution about having those high voltages so near the brain.  I have a cell phone, use it as little as possible, and when I do, it is on "speaker" and held well away from my head.

Did any of you know that it is very possible to correlate the advance of electrification across the globe and the increase of cancers in now-electrified areas?

You sold your Stax??? I guess if I ever tired of the Stax Omega 2 sound, then I'd sell them. As of right now, I haven't heard anything convincing enough involving headphones for me to avoid listening to them. What did that Head-fier say btw?

I don't know about the increase of cancers you are talking about. South Korea and Japan are highly technologically advanced civilizations. If anything Japan's population is getting old and South Korea are mostly concerned about stomache cancer which is probably caused by eating spicy food all their life.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
You sold your Stax??? I guess if I ever tired of the Stax Omega 2 sound, then I'd sell them. As of right now, I haven't heard anything convincing enough involving headphones for me to avoid listening to them. What did that Head-fier say btw?

I don't know about the increase of cancers you are talking about. South Korea and Japan are highly technologically advanced civilizations. If anything Japan's population is getting old and South Korea are mostly concerned about stomache cancer which is probably caused by eating spicy food all their life.

I think he was happy with my rig.  I had spent years trying to find (why? don't know for sure) moving-coil (dynamic) headphones which could best or even equal my SR-5's.  The Sennheiser 600's fell short but were close, and I sold them.  A pair of Yamaha YH-1's did the job only after I gave them to another Head-Fier, and he modded them.  I had had them in my possession all along...

Korea is interesting in that regard.  Most of North Korea is not electrified at all, or only minimally.  South Korea appears as an island of light in a night view of the world.  I'd be curious to see the cancer rates in rural North Korea vs urban South Korea.  That said, I would not touch Kim Chee with a ten-foot pole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back