cell phone as MP3 player??... anyone ?
May 19, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #91 of 96
mobile phones that also play music aren't horrid, it gets the job done when you want to listen to music and don't feel like carrying a separate player. Plug a set of regular headphones in and you're good to go.

moto.jpg

May 20, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #94 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While my SE750i sounded ok, navigation was a pain, (no fwd/bck buttons) music transfers were painfully slow, and the supplied buds were dire. I bought a Portable handsfree HPM-82 for it so I could use other headphones and get better controls. But the huge cable was annoying. In the end I found it was just easier to use a decent Flash memory MP3 player.

I made the same points here
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...56#post2967356

If you mean fast forward/rewind - you can using the joystick (press and held left or right), but not while keypad is locked. If you mean track advance, long press of volume button (even while phone is locked) does the job.

USB cable transfer speed is poor, but a card reader solves that problem. USB2 - 480Mbps.

Cable length is a problem, but I don't see why headphone manufacturers can't start accomodating music devices that have remote or handsfree cables with 3.5mm connectors by bringing out headphones with shorter lead lengths. Some do, such as philips.

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #96 of 96
That n73me combination looks great. Whats the battery life like though. Was considering one of those recently but decided the battery life was quite poor compared to something like a W810i

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While my SE750i sounded ok, navigation was a pain, (no fwd/bck buttons) music transfers were painfully slow, and the supplied buds were dire. I bought a Portable handsfree HPM-82 for it so I could use other headphones and get better controls. But the huge cable was annoying. In the end I found it was just easier to use a decent Flash memory MP3 player.

I made the same points here
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...56#post2967356

I should update this. Only realised afterwards that the vol key if held down switches between tracks or radio stations. Doh! Anyway that makes it much handier and I no longer need the remote. I find I'm using it more since I realised that. Especially for the radio as my Flash MP3 player doesn't have a radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back