Celebrity Scandal Phones
Mar 23, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
allright, we got some interest here. So what brand do you think these "Dreamtheaters" should be?
I think Senns would be too polite, Grados too harsh. I propose Audio Technica makes this headphone, something natural sounding like the M50, only more resolving, just slightly more refined, with a bigger soundstage and velour pads.
MSRP $250. Accessible price for the non-pretentious sound. That would be my perfect headphone.
dt880smile.png

For me, the perfect headphones would sound exactly like DT150s, isolate like DT770Ms, and be as comfortable as Bose Over-Ears.

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beyer dt...

hahaha that was the obvious answer
atsmile.gif
they could be called the Beyer **** O'clock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, the perfect headphones would sound exactly like DT150s, isolate like DT770Ms, and be as comfortable as Bose Over-Ears.

ITA with you, a more comfortable DT150 would be awesome. Will you have a celebrity endorse your perfect phones?

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #18 of 50
Fabio could make a successful endorsement for headphones.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

allright, we got some interest here. So what brand do you think these "Dreamtheaters" should be?
I think Senns would be too polite, Grados too harsh. I propose Audio Technica makes this headphone, something natural sounding like the M50, only more resolving, just slightly more refined, with a bigger soundstage and velour pads.
MSRP $250. Accessible price for the non-pretentious sound. That would be my perfect headphone.
dt880smile.png

yeah sounds good...
atsmile.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #23 of 50
You know, the irony here is that we've seen pictures of Dream Theater's studio.

They use Fostex T20's. Old ones.

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

dt880smile.png

Dreamtheater headphones - makes all music sound technically proficient and totally boring.

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #25 of 50
How about a DJ that could promote the cans at his/her shows. They would have to be good for them to use them every night.

ie. Deadmau5 endorsing DeadCan5

That would be cool

Also, how about some Led Zeppelicans. They could be shaped like zeppelins. How badass would that be?

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, the irony here is that we've seen pictures of Dream Theater's studio.

They use Fostex T20's. Old ones.

These ones? Fostex T20RP
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dreamtheater headphones - makes all music sound technically proficient and totally boring.

ouch! that hurts.

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I think I read that the singer from Within Temptation is an audiphile. My money is on her.
smily_headphones1.gif

Knock 'em down with the sex appeal at least. More skin, pricier phones. You know it'd be true.

Bit of a shame. Though, if it were true that she was an audiophile... Wow.

Quote:

These ones? Fostex T20RP
eek.gif

Wat. $60 headphones as studio monitors? How nice could they possibly be?

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #28 of 50
Quote:

These ones? Fostex T20RP
eek.gif

No, these ones:

401268_240_full.jpg

They date from about 1977 though they were in production well into the 90's.

The Musicians Friend picture is the T20RP, which is actually better, and also out of production. If you ordered from them, you'd get a T20RP MkII, which is potentially good, but has a very different driver from the earlier two versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayito-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wat. $60 headphones as studio monitors? How nice could they possibly be?

You'd be amazed. Team Ortho has been trying to tell you people for years now . . . .

But really only the very current model T50RP is what we recommend at the moment of fostexen that can be bought new. It costs about $15 more. The T20RPMkII might be good too w/ the current earpads but we don't know for sure.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #29 of 50
Thanks ericj for all that info, this is interesting. I've seen those threads by Team Ortho and I disregarded the T50 as just another ugly phone, now I'm interested to read more about them.
Hey, celebrity scandal placebo marketing is working on me!
beyersmile.png

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #30 of 50
Hmm, I don't care if someone endorses my headphones or not, though if they endrossed a good pair it could lead to more people trully hearing there music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back