Celebrities acting badly. Share your horror stories.
Apr 8, 2003 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
I got this over the web. It may or may not be true.

I was at Starbucks and got to witness Jennifer Garner storm in with her entourage, force her way to the front of the line, and scream at and berate an employee for giving her the wrong flavor coffee the day before. The young lady behind the counter was sobbing uncontrollably as Jennifer continued to throw her temper-tantrum, and then the manager came out to apologize to Ms. Garner. (Jennifer is the one who should have been apologizing!) And let's not forget that Jennifer's husband, Scott Foley, who was working with "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams at the time, was instrumental in getting Jennifer the role of Sydney Bristow, and Jennifer has showed her gratitude by splitting up with Scott because she's too big for him now. Funny, too, how less than a month ago, Jennifer did a radio interview where she said that after "Alias", her and Scott were going to take a break from acting so they they could raise children. Is this woman a compulsive liar or something??? 2002's most endearing new star has become 2003's biggest Hollywood phony! No more "Alias" for me! I can't wait until "Alias" has been off the air for a year and Jennifer is appearing in "Mr. Magoo 2" and "Hollywood Squares"!

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 17
I saw jerry seinfeld driving away in his porsche before.
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 17
What's the deal with "Alias" anyways? I watched one episode when it first started. Gave a thumb down from my tivo, and have never watched it again ever since.

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 17
Tiger Woods once said "******" in my general direction. Right after he bogeyed the third hole at the 1998 U.S. Open. I was standing by the water cooler on the 4th tee. He came over, got a drink, looked my way and uttered the colorful metaphor.

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Tiger Woods once said "******" in my general direction. Right after he bogeyed the third hole at the 1998 U.S. Open. I was standing by the water cooler on the 4th tee. He came over, got a drink, looked my way and uttered the colorful metaphor.

But there is a different in acting badly and getting rid of your frustration.
Sometimes I do say things like that but it doesn't mean I have to treat other people bad.

peter.

Apr 8, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 17
Growing up in Las Vegas and having friends in the hotel industry, I got to hear many a fine tale of clebrities being human:

- Dennis Rodman, naked and passed out in a hotel corridor.

- Pre-bald Andre Agassi to the valet driver after said valet picked up a can of "carmex" off the driveway of the same hotel, "Are you gonna throw that away?" Andre is not a good tipper.

- Drunken Billy Idol in 427 Cobra replica (and other hotrods) loved to peel out of the hotel driveway on every visit no matter what the car. His inky black marks still stain the driveway at the Golden Nugget - have a look. Billy Idol rules and he is a very good tipper.

Not behaving badly but - I met JB (that's Mr. James Brown to you) at the airport one night. He was standing in the baggage area right up against a column. He's only about 5'-2" and he had big 'ol platforms on. JB is cool. Don't know if he's a good tipper or not.

There's more - just gotta remember them.

ok,
erix

Apr 8, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

But there is a different in acting badly and getting rid of your frustration.

I realize that. But it was someone famous.....and it was ME!

I lead such a sheltered life.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 8, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

I've never watched Tiger in person, but on TV he always looks like he is in his own world of concentration. I doubt he was even paying attention to who was around him.

Yeah, I'm apologizing for someone I have never met, but he is my favorite athlete and one of very few celebs that I admire. He's probably an ******* in real life though.
frown.gif

Apr 8, 2003 at 4:55 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Yeah, I'm apologizing for someone I have never met, but he is my favorite athlete and one of very few celebs that I admire. He's probably an ******* in real life though.

LOL!

Apr 8, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I got this over the web. It may or may not be true.

*watches as a tumble-weed rolls across the deserted Head-Fi landscape, and listens as somewhere in the distance, a coyote howls*

- Chris

Apr 8, 2003 at 7:56 AM Post #12 of 17
I go to school with a celeb and many a celebs child.....owwwww

Apr 8, 2003 at 8:37 AM Post #13 of 17
/somewhat glad he lives on the continent of New Zealand

anyhow, it doesn't surprise me. It's all fake
biggrin.gif

["it's" referring to what we all hear about celebrities..]

Apr 8, 2003 at 11:26 AM Post #14 of 17
I'd go visit my brother on-occasion, who is the head Greens-keeper for the local golf course here in Northern Md. (Wakefield Valley) and I got to meet a few celebrities while at the driving range over the past few summers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Johnny Unitas (Balt. Colt Hall-o-Famer) - Sweetest, most-kind and outgoing man you ever woulda met. God rest your soul, Johnny.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cal Ripken & Mike Bordick (Balt. Orioles) - Kept to themselves while playing, but were very kind, in signing a few autographs while on the holes. Good guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lynn Swan (Sports Commentator) - Was TOLD he's a decent guy, but on the particular day that I'd seen him, he was probably the biggest, most-arrogant **** in the world.
mad.gif

Howie Mandell (Comedian) - Funny, funny man! hehe He's just as silly IRL as he is on-stage. Awesome around children, too.

Apr 8, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by erix
- Pre-bald Andre Agassi to the valet driver after said valet picked up a can of "carmex" off the driveway of the same hotel, "Are you gonna throw that away?" Andre is not a good tipper.

Hey sounds like a guy who knows the value of money - why throw something out if you think you can use it? Nothing bad about that.

A lot of people call celebrities "good tippers" simply because they throw money around. That doesn't mean anything. Just because someone is famous, doesn't mean that they need to be waving $100 bills around to be considered a nice person.

To me the whole "celebrity" thing is overblown. They are people just like everybody else, faults and all. I don't pay them any mind if I come across them - and I don't believe we should be bugging them for autographs, etc.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back