Celebration Day by Led Zeppelin 11/19/2012
Sep 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus

On September 8th, rock legends 
Led Zeppelin
 simply posted the word 'five' to their Facebook page. Five being important as to suggest the album 
Led Zeppelin - V
 might be released. This was the first post the band has made in almost six months and it could be a sign of things to come, or an elaborate rouse. 

No official word as of yet from the band but the internet seems abuzz with the hopes of the band's first new album in 30 years. Other sources claim that the band will release a new DVD/CD of their 
2007 reunion
 for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena, speculating it will see the light of day this November.

popcorn.gif

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page's manager, Peter Mensch alluded to 

the upcoming release in a tweet on Saturday, writing: "it's almost here. 

I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day."

He also wrote before: "today, [producer/engineer Alan] Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here.

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=17765

Source Metalstorm

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 50
Quote:

On September 8th, rock legends 
Led Zeppelin
 simply posted the word 'five' to their Facebook page. Five being important as to suggest the album 
Led Zeppelin - V
 might be released. This was the first post the band has made in almost six months and it could be a sign of things to come, or an elaborate rouse. 

No official word as of yet from the band but the internet seems abuzz with the hopes of the band's first new album in 30 years. Other sources claim that the band will release a new DVD/CD of their 
2007 reunion
 for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena, speculating it will see the light of day this November.

popcorn.gif

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page's manager, Peter Mensch alluded to 

the upcoming release in a tweet on Saturday, writing: "it's almost here. 

I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day."

He also wrote before: "today, [producer/engineer Alan] Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here.

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=17765

Source Metalstorm

I'm thinking more the latter (O2 Concert) than a new album. Either way, I'm buying it! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 50
Sep 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 50
Man, if they came out with a new album that would be nuts. They're the band that got me into rock. New album or conrert I'm checking it out.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 50
might be good, might be bad
i would hope it's the O2 concert, just so i can update my crappy bootleg dvd i got
not like i watch most live shows, but they are great to listen to, and maybe watch and pass by while cleaning the house

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #11 of 50
Quote:
Keith Moon. 

Funny you would write that as that is my list too on drummers, only I really don't like the Who as much.  I thought you may write that too before I got to your answer. 

The difference is Zep was a more advanced band in my eyes. They never played a bunch of crappy pop songs early in their career but just walked onto university campuses and blew everyone away with pure talent right when number one came out. Yes you have people who love The Who, in my teens though there really was a difference between them, maybe more than now. Almost everyone worshiped Zep, in fact I don't even remember hearing a Who record at parties. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #12 of 50
Quote:
Not the same without the second best drummer in the world. :D

I'm of the group who believe that Zep was/is the greatest band ever. Individually and collectively. Demi-gods of music. The Who kicked ass, but their music wasn't as deep and mystical as the Zep.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #14 of 50
Haha. Opinions vary.

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #15 of 50
Bonham was my favorite drummer (and is damn near tied with Moon, IMO) for a very long time. I only recently shifted my opinion to Moon. For me, he's better. It's more of a matter of opinion to me rather than saying 'Moon is flat out better than Bonham.'

Talent wise...They're both just fantastic. I like Bonham's kit more for sure though.

Quote:

I'm of the group who believe that Zep was/is the greatest band ever. Individually and collectively. Demi-gods of music. The Who kicked ass, but their music wasn't as deep and mystical as the Zep.

Quote:
Funny you would write that as that is my list too on drummers, only I really don't like the Who as much.  I thought you may write that too before I got to your answer. 

The difference is Zep was a more advanced band in my eyes. They never played a bunch of crappy pop songs early in their career but just walked onto university campuses and blew everyone away with pure talent right when number one came out. Yes you have people who love The Who, in my teens though there really was a difference between them, maybe more than now. Almost everyone worshiped Zep, in fact I don't even remember hearing a Who record at parties. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back