cds on ebay (buyers beware)
Oct 11, 2002 at 11:59 PM Post #16 of 21
Isn't it a pity that you can't find Strads in garage sales?
biggrin.gif
Is it true that many of these instruments have been relacquered over the years, so that the current varnish is probably radically different to that used originally?
Zowie, what loud violinists had you in mind? Maxim Vengerov by any chance?
Andrew

Oct 12, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 21
not to whine or anything but what's the deal with this thread ending up being about violins, talk about thread crapping......

anyway, gloco, actually the cds I bought are listed on other websites at 60.00 or more, however I'm sure they are in much better condition...

Oct 12, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
anyway, gloco, actually the cds I bought are listed on other websites at 60.00 or more, however I'm sure they are in much better condition...

Did the ebay buyer you purchased the singles from have negative feedback?

Check this guy out:

http://tysontunesunlimited.homestead.com/index.html

I bought a radio promo cd from him, no complaints.

Oct 12, 2002 at 12:47 AM Post #19 of 21
gloco, no he did not have negative feedback, and do you think that guy has enough cds, it would take me a week to look through them all, he really should find a better way to organize his website. I have not even left feedback on these guys who sent me these **** cds. I only left negative feedback on one person in all the time I've used ebay but that was a blatant attempt to rip people off, and a sneaky ass way of doing it too...

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:44 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

not to whine or anything but what's the deal with this thread ending up being about violins, talk about thread crapping...

I'm veeeery very sorry.
frown.gif
I really didn't intend to send this thread in a totally new direction. It's just that this particular eBay scam popped into my mind when I read your post. Again, my apologies.

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
and do you think that guy has enough cds, it would take me a week to look through them all, he really should find a better way to organize his website.

LOL, yeah its a bit archaic, just use CTRL+F and run searches for artists or albums that way, that's what i did. He also sells on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back