CDP as transport sub-$115 ?
Sep 1, 2007 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Killercrush

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone !

As you can see in my sig, my rig ''plan'' is almost complete except for the transport...

What I need is a stand-alone CD player with a coaxial out for redbook playback only to use as a transport, I don't want any DVD/SACD/etc. players.

Does anybody knows what model to look for, used is possible, better bang for the buck.

A few of those things would be nice :

Silver faceplate
IEC power inlet
Blue leds
Silent playback

I think that's it, I hope I don't ask for too much at this price point
plainface.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #3 of 11
You already have it in your sig...??? ( too drunk to notice [size=xx-small]*WANTED[/size] )

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 11
The Philips DVP642 is one heck of a transport. It has coaxial, optical, and rca outputs. I have had mine for almost a year and I have been tickled to death with it. Recently Circuit City had it on sale for $19.99.
icon10.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 11
Haha Miguel, I know you suggested this DVD player like 100 times here but I don't really want it, there's one unit that I can buy at my job but I know they are build cheaply, we have one broken that a customer brought back. I need something more stable, nicely build, I think the Marantz should do the trick. At least, it does have a clock build for cd playback, not dvd.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 11
Old CAL Deltas make excellent transports. No silver faceplate, but has coax, IEC, blue LED, and is quiet player. $25-$100. Excellent transport for the money. Remote is a little plasticly, but aren't they all.

Sep 17, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #11 of 11
GRUNDIG CD-903 will make a great transport. It has coax out and very good Phillips CD mechanism CDM4/14. I bit over your budget but it's brand new NOS unit, older one can be cheaper.

Some links about this lineup of Grundig CD palyers: 1 2 3

Does not have a silver face, but IMHO looks very nice.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back