CD3000 Woody/Cable Mod Questions
Nov 17, 2004 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SteveM324

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm considering modifying my CD3000's to hopefully get deeper bass and more body or richness in the midrange. I would also like smoother highs. The mods that I'm considering are the cable mods such as the Silver Dragon or the Audiophile cable. Also, I'm thinking about the full woody modification. However, I've seen a few of the full woody mods go up for sale and I'm concerned that the long term satisfaction with this mod did not live up to its expectations. I would like to hear from current or past owners of the woody mod, Audiophile cable mod, or the Silver Dragon mod. Why did you keep it or sell it? Are you still happy with the mod? BTW, my system consists of the Grace 901 amp and the Sony XA-9000ES SACD/CD player. None of which will I consider changing. I also own the HD650's/Zu Mobius and I'm very happy with that combination. Thanks for your help.

Nov 17, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey!

Behringer DEQ2496

Now that is something that will allow you do dial in any of the things you listed to any precision that you desire.

-Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324
I'm considering modifying my CD3000's to hopefully get deeper bass and more body or richness in the midrange. I would also like smoother highs. The mods that I'm considering are the cable mods such as the Silver Dragon or the Audiophile cable. Also, I'm thinking about the full woody modification. However, I've seen a few of the full woody mods go up for sale and I'm concerned that the long term satisfaction with this mod did not live up to its expectations. I would like to hear from current or past owners of the woody mod, Audiophile cable mod, or the Silver Dragon mod. Why did you keep it or sell it? Are you still happy with the mod? BTW, my system consists of the Grace 901 amp and the Sony XA-9000ES SACD/CD player. None of which will I consider changing. I also own the HD650's/Zu Mobius and I'm very happy with that combination. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back