CD3000 problem
Aug 1, 2004 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lizzardfire

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have a question. I was playing a game that has generators that emit a low pitched hum. I heard a buzzing in the left ear cup of my sony cd3000 accompanying the low pitched hum. So I used a test tone generator to make a 30hz pitch continuous sound, and heard the rattle/buzzing. It eventually stopped in the left driver only to return in the right driver the next day. Then it went away again and now it's back again. Do I need to return these headphones? The buzzing almost reminds me of stuff shaking around/vibrating, but there is nothing to shake or vibrate that I can see. Screws are tight, nothing's on the driver face, etc.

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 6
well if you can return them, you better go hurry and return them. These are wonderful cans and u really dont want a good buzzing/humming can do you? course not.

Aug 1, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 6
It could be a noise from the game, but in your shoes, return them Sony will exchange them, just made a hassle there, if you are under the first 30 days, they will exchange it with no questions.......

Aug 1, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Are you using your headamp? Almost sounds like they may be clipping due to lack of juice from the amplification.

Aug 1, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes, using my ppa. I also tried it direct from my ipod and through my stepdad's ht reciever with the 30hz tone.

Sovkiller- I heard the noise in a 30hz test tone as well as the game

the game is Raven Shield
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back