CD vs Mp3: Which do you buy and why?
May 15, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #61 of 66
May 16, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #62 of 66
It's pretty funny to see the posts from 2006 all worked up about DRM and low-quality MP3 files. It's a great reminder how we have advanced as a digital society in five years.

Me, personally? Welp, I just joined the vinyl train and the next stop isn't for a looong time ahead...

Jun 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #64 of 66
Yes, times have changed a lot ... I see the price of obscure CD material skyrocketting, and it's pushing me more towards purchasing mp3s. I'd much rather have physical CDs.

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #65 of 66
Vinyl and CDs. Pretty much for all the same reason posted in this thread.  I remember when mp3s were starting to saturate the market, I jumped on board (before I had decent equipment).  When I boxed up my cds and listened to nothing but lossy stuff, I stopped listening to music.  The CDs are back on a shelf, and my vinyl collection gets larger every month.  I am very impressed with FLAC and am in the process of ripping my CDs to it.  I will still continue to buy CDs and records.  I don't think lossy mp3s send the serotonin to my brain, so I'll stick with physical media.

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #66 of 66
I'm very happy with CDs.  There is something just so intangibly personal and intimate about having the physical CD itself...the art, liner notes, etc.   If I want to place a track or CD on my computer, I just rip to FLAC.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back