CD Universe?
Jan 28, 2006 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DJ Mauler

500+ Head-Fier
anyone done business with these guts i checked them out today and noticed that almost all their prices are cheaper than cdnow...

aside from the service, how fast do they get orders out and how is shipping ie time/carrier

much props to whoever can enlighten me

Jan 28, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 8
Been awhile since I used them but they always did right by me with good prices and fast service. Just mentioned them in the Harold Budd thread right before posting here.

There are cheaper places that I use now, but never had any problem with them and sometimes they are the cheapest. Variable.

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 8
I've always had pretty good experiences dealing with cduniverse...sometimes they are a little slow to ship things out, but other than that, their prices seem to always be pretty low.

Jan 28, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #6 of 8
I've used them quite a bit, but have encountered a recent problem with either them or the USPS. Over the past month, I've ordered about 12 CDs from them. Each time I used their standard shipping, the order would arrive fairly quickly but the jewel cases would be cracked. I contacted their customer service by email and they responded quickly enough and sent out new jewel cases, but they also arrived cracked! They send out the CDs and jewel cases in a thinly padded envelope which is probably the problem.

I'm in NY and they ship from Connecticut. If I place an order on Monday, it usually doesn't ship until Wednesday. It then takes another two to three days to arrive from Connecticut. Their prices are good, customer service is fairly good, seemingly shipping can be a bit quicker though.

Jan 28, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #8 of 8
The prices are pretty good but.......
they often are out of stock of CD/CDs I have ordered in large order and this ties up entire order from shipping unless I cancel that CD/CDs from order, also shipping charge not the cheapest.

Better price for new Cds are at alldirect.com
I have much better luck getting CDs from them and they are cheaper. Also don't forget to check/join yourmusic.com and get any basic rock Cds for $5.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back