cd tweaks
Apr 2, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 5
I wold respectufuly sugest that the effect of any of the tweaks mentioned on that page would exist purely in the mind of the listener.

I would also sugest that that doesn't make it any less of a real effect. It realy does sound better because you tell yourself it will sound better.

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 5
Hahhaha I have a friend who swares by the penning of cds. I tried it myself. No difference. I tried it at his place, still no difference. From a technical standpoint none of the things he mentions are feasable.

Apr 3, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 5
nonsense! not only is a cd digital, there's data for correcting errors on the disc, so whatever reflections he's talking about won't mess around with the sound output at all. If it actually does, you might as well do an EAC CD rip which will ensure that you get an exact 1:1 copy of the data on the cd. Then play it as FLAC and have fun!

Apr 3, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 5
These "tweeks" first surfaced a couple years after CD's hit the market. I suppose they sound logical enough to most people and they are tried.

I wouldn't expect a laser beam to difuse, defract, or what ever occurs in the player to be a problem. You can't compare tweeks for analog (turntables) units and use that understanding to formulate a tweek for a digital (CD) unit. But that's my opinion.

Let EAC do it's job and save the Sharpie for some other grafitti, because that's basically what's occuring here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back