CD Storage -- what are my options?
Aug 2, 2015 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NoxNoctum

100+ Head-Fier
I wasn't sure where to put this really so I'm putting it here. By all means if it belongs somewhere else please feel free to move.

I have a lot of CDs strewn all over the place (hundreds) and I really need to start taking care of them as I am finding that some of my rarer albums are now selling for quite a bit or just straight up impossible to find. They're all scratchless, but many of the cases have broken rings inside (anyone who buys CDs lots knows that many brand new cases will have the ring broken right from the start).

What I need is storage for the CDs themselves, SEPARATE from the cases, and then storage as well to use for empty cases. Ideally both need to not take up much space and be very protective (for the CDs at least, not as important for the cases). I've thought about just getting one of those large "booklets" with plastic sleeves for the CDs but surely there's something better?

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 4
Don't use the booklets. They will scratch your discs. I only recommend leaving CDs in their original cases. All of my CDs are stored in their original cases and placed in boxes. Is there any particular reason you want to remove the discs from the cases?

Aug 2, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 4
Simply because about a third of them have the rings broken - so I want some consistency.

I guess an alternative would be some really good cases I could buy that don't have such fragile rings that I could put all the CDs without a good case into. And then something to put all the cases into of course.

Aug 2, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 4
  Simply because about a third of them have the rings broken - so I want some consistency.

I guess an alternative would be some really good cases I could buy that don't have such fragile rings that I could put all the CDs without a good case into. And then something to put all the cases into of course.

Although you can get good bulk prices for jewel cases, the cost would still add up to a pretty penny.

How many CDs do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back