CD ripping software
Apr 12, 2006 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

redquilang

Head-Fier
for some reason the search function isnt working.

there was a thread about ripping software but i cant find it. can anyone point me to the thread or suggest some software. there was one made by a guy in germany or something that collected postcards as payment, but i cant seem to remember.

anyhelp?

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #2 of 13
Exact Audio Copy is what you're thinking.

Apr 12, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 13
Hmm, does it install fine and everything? could you possibly post a screenie of the message it gives?

Apr 12, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by redquilang
yup. i happened to find it finally. but now i have another question: when i open it it says access violation. i looked on the EAC forums but it doesnt adress how to fix it. any help?

Try this. It solved the problem for me.

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home5/PG030535...s/EAC_ASPI.htm

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by photek
does that program support FreeDB?

Yes.

Apr 13, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 13
nevermind. just had to download winzip. anyways, this software stuff is confusing. eac, foobar, etc. etc. and all those aditional plug ins. its driving me insane. i should just go back to itunes.

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #9 of 13
iTunes is the best encoder I've found. But I'm on a Mac, not a PC.

See ya
Steve

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by redquilang
yup. i happened to find it finally. but now i have another question: when i open it it says access violation. i looked on the EAC forums but it doesnt adress how to fix it. any help?

same exact problem

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFxGeforced
same exact problem

well i did the same thing with the zip and it worked, then encoded .ogg lossless
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #13 of 13
My favorite is EAC and foobar... EAC can read CDs other rippers can't and takes care that there are no errors due to scratches, and you can use it with lots of fine encoders (read LAME, Ogg Vorbis and MPC). And foobar is probably the best MP3 player available... Nothing in the world of Windows and Linux (and probably also Mac) can match it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back