CD RE-mix / re-issues
Jun 14, 2004 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

audiopile

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know of a listing of artists who have re-issued new(er) digital re-mixes ( or whatever they want to call 'em) versions of previously hideous or at least un-inspired and un-inspiring older CD's?
Some artists/ labels make a big thing out of this ( Stones,Joni Mitchell) others ( Bruce Springsteen) just seem to quitely do it. The problem is some of these re-mixes really do sound a whole lot better ( Stones Beggar 's Banquit) and some simply make the un-listenable ( early bruce CD's) at least tollerable.
While I truly do hate letting the despised record companies into my pockets - I'll do it for a legitametaly (spl?) better sounding source. Lets face it - nothing is more important than the source - no equipment is capable of making a truly hiddeous sounding CD sound good.
And I still can't figure out why HDCD didn't become the next big thing.

Jun 14, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd like this information too, but haven't found it in one concentrated place. It's scattered info all over various forum.s

Such a listing should also include a hall of shame of new releases, most of which are overcompressed/over-denoised/overlimited/overequalized.

In fact many of the CD release of late 80s and early 90s sound quite a lot better than the overprocessed late 90s re-issues, even though AD conversion has gotten quite a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back