CD-R Labelling (Mac)
Sep 28, 2003 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Wondering if it is a good idea to use stick on labels on CD-Rs? I know on some slot loaders it can cause problems. What software (Mac) do you suggest? I'm surprised Apple didn't include it in iTunes.

Sep 28, 2003 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 5
Modern CD-Rom drivers spins so fast it's a bad idea if you're going to use it with a computer at all. A loose label means terminal failure of the drive in most cases.

The Epson Stylus Photo 900 can print directly on CD's and that's the only thing I'd recommend for making pretty labels. At USD199 it's a very nice printer too.

Sep 28, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Labels are fine as long as you make sure they're centered and make sure they're applied evenly. That being said, the Epson 900 is very cool!

For making labels, IMO disclabel is by far the best app for making labels:

http://www.disclabel.com/

It automatically imports iTunes playlists and iPhoto images, too.

Sep 29, 2003 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Chipko
Modern CD-Rom drivers spins so fast it's a bad idea if you're going to use it with a computer at all. A loose label means terminal failure of the drive in most cases.

It's for this very reason that I never label my discs. For the most part, I don't even write on the disc anymore either as i've had some 'supposed' CD-R pens that have bled through from the label side.

I do however take a little time to recreate the covers and inlay as best as I can. For the PC I use the Designexpress CD Label Maker program.

One it has been scanned at 1200 DPI and printed out to exact size on 260 gsm glossy paper, the results are really startling and most people need to take a second look to tell if it's a copy.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back