cd player w/ only analog outputs
Jul 20, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #16 of 24
This thread reminds me of the guy who wanted an SACD player that ONLY played SACD with no CD playback capability whatsoever.

Jul 20, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread reminds me of the guy who wanted an SACD player that ONLY played SACD with no CD playback capability whatsoever.

biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #18 of 24
ermmm yeah it's more to do with space conservation than anything else, but funny joke.

surely we all have the right to choose which particular functions we would like....given that there are so many products on market........

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #19 of 24
Don't take personally, lordearl. Your request was a bit out of the ordinary, and people were just about the reasoning behind the question.

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordearl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha I know -- just think humour by analogy is pretty weak.

That wasn't intended to be humorous really... There really WAS a guy on the forum the past few days looking for an SACD player that required it not have CD capability.

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That wasn't intended to be humorous really... There really WAS a guy on the forum the past few days looking for an SACD player that required it not have CD capability.

And that thread IS somewhat similar to this one.

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #24 of 24
Well, I can understand why someone would want older technology that doesn't incorporate newer technology, but not vice versa.

There is a very limited range of albums available on SACD, but a large amount of audio devices that run off analog input.

Who knows - I'm sure he had his reasons, maybe he knew that SACDs were all classic albums and wanted to educate himself without risking buying a non-classic lol.

Anyhoo thanks for the help dudes! There's some good suggestions in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back