CD-Player for Corda Aria + HD595 (300€/350$)???
Jan 29, 2006 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rhymesgalore

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i'm searching for a new Cd-player to match up with my Corda Aria and my Senns HD595.
Could be up to 350 bucks, perhaps a bit more.
Any suggestion is appreciated. Cause right now i'm only thinking of the H/K HD970, and i need some new input
eggosmile.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 9
Never heard the brand name before
biggrin.gif

But googled a bit, and the specs of the XCD99 look good. But there seems no way i'm getting one of these here in germany. a search on the german google page didn't turn up a single result
frown.gif
( no wonder i never heard it before
orphsmile.gif
)
But otherwise a very interesting player, and many people seem to like it (respectivley the predecessor XCD88). thx for the input though.

Jan 30, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 9
I would suggest looking at the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v2.

Very detailed, dynamic and airy sound for the money and it goes very nice with the Aria.

Jan 30, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by practitioner
I would suggest looking at the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v2.

Very detailed, dynamic and airy sound for the money and it goes very nice with the Aria.

I would also suggest the 640C V2 (since I have one), but I am not sure if it will fall in the price range. For example here in the US, v1.0 can be had for $389 now, whereas the v2.0 is selling for no less than $549.

From what I understand the v1.0 is still a great machine, and its a bargain now (some people selling on Ebay also).

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 9
The Cambridge looks really good, but - as you mentioned - it is over my budget.
Here in Germany its retail price is about 500€ (that are about 600$ right now).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth
No affiliation, but holy explitive that is a deal:
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160103
Could get it shipped and a transformer and stay under budget.

That deal was ****ing awesome. So awesome, that someone already bought it, before i read this
frown.gif

I think it will be the H/K HD970. i can get it for 277€ at a store nearby. way cheaper than over the internet. who would have thought that today this still could happen
orphsmile.gif

But many thanks for all the infos, much appreciated!
But new input is welcome as well, since i will buy it not before thursday.....

Jan 31, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 9
Sad about the onix being sold - the seller actually reduced the price from what is posted making it less than even the Onix 88 i just picked up used.

HK is interesting. I love their stuff for the money and have enjoyed their dvd players and receivers. They only offer a CD changer here in the states which has had mechanical issues. I think that might be a reason why there isn't as much support for HK cd players here and people tend to reccommend other options. That cd player looks great and speaking from owning their other componants and including a dvd player that was one of the best sounding I've heard short of $600 I think you'll be happy.

When you get it please give a bit of a report. Thanks.

Jan 31, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sti_boy
I would also suggest the 640C V2 (since I have one), but I am not sure if it will fall in the price range. For example here in the US, v1.0 can be had for $389 now, whereas the v2.0 is selling for no less than $549.

From what I understand the v1.0 is still a great machine, and its a bargain now (some people selling on Ebay also).

Thats a shame, a V2 could be had for 365 euros / $440 here in the UK. I have the original version 1. It's a great sounding player that many UK magazines had rated as the budget king and comparable to players double it's price.

The ones one ebay are bargains, but be wary about buying version 1s. The earlier production models had some transporter hum issues which were addressed on later models. I bought mine around this time last year directly from Richer Sounds. My player's hum is there but audioble only when I get really close to the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back