(CD Player & CD) Vs (AK240 & CD rip)
Sep 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gancanjam

100+ Head-Fier
I am using few Free version of CD rip software to convert my CD songs to lossless FLAC format and have used the famous conversion software called Exact audio copy freeware to copy to .WAV format (not FLAC as there was a conversion issue) . These are copied to AK240 and i am using Amp / HE1000 HP to listen to them . So far so good right ? but still i am not satisfied with the conversion as the songs shows some sonic flaws and rough edges in my HE1000 HP

So please share your thoughts on this. Am i better off buying  a good CD player like Onkyo 7030 CD player ( this has inbuilt HP amp also)   loading a CD directly in that or continue to rip from CDs and load it into AK240 which is a fantastic player and much expensive than the Onkyo CD player ($150)   ?  Which setup should sound good ? 

Which is the best CD rip software to convert to HQ FLAC format preferably a freeware ?

Sep 24, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 4
lol.

You've reached a level of fidelity where the flaws in the recording are finally revealed. This happens to us all when we reach a certain tier.

More detail retrieval is a double-edged sword, as it can reveal things you didn't want to hear. :wink:

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks !  do you have any recommendation on a good CD to lossless ripper ? Could get your point about hearing more details than preferred with a good rig but I am still suspecting my rip softwares also are culprits  resulting in lost quality during the conversion compared to the original CD quality

Sep 24, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
There's plenty of good ripping software, but none better than EAC (Exact Audio Copy).

You are doing everything correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back