cd player amplifier with dac
Jul 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #31 of 52
Bluetooth is different from wifi. It has to be wifi. You need this for your MCR603. Its a USB-wifi adapter.
The MCR603 has a USB. You plug this. Your laptop should have wifi too so it should see the MCR603.

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #34 of 52
on the right i have a bluetooth icon
i dont have wifi icon
i connect to the internet on a wireless way
(it stands by the internet connection icon-wireless network connection)
i told you that i have a wireless router

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #36 of 52
but nowhere on my laptop stands anything written about wifi
for what is m-xport input in mcr603?
i think that the answer of that i wanna know all of the time is here-
i found that on marantz page-glossary:

Bluetooth is a worldwide standard for wireless communication, exchanging information between fixed and mobile devices. Marantz uses the Bluetooth A2DP standard to stream music from a mobile device to a Marantz own receiver unit. It uses a dedicated one for the IS301 and the universal RX101 which is connected to the M-XPort. Please see the M-XPort explanation as well.

so if i understand all right i connect this bluetooth adapter  to mcr603 via m-xport
and star listen the music from laptop on mcr603

it says music from mobile device
is laptop considered as a  mobile device,or are mobile device just i pod,i phone and so one

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #37 of 52
Believe me your laptop uses wifi to connect to your wireless router. Your smartphone connects to the internet through GSM but that is another digital communication technology.

Yes, the MCR603 also supports bluetooth which is another wireless digital standard. It needs a bluetooth adapter if it doesn't have one. Your laptop may already have built-in bluetooth. Almost all smartphones have bluetooth.

The thing about bluetooth is their range is short and can't penetrate walls.

Bluetooth was developed before wifi and was meant for a wireless personal area network (PAN) whereas wifi was developed for a wireless local area network (WLAN).

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #38 of 52
yes my laptop has bluetooth ,does that mean that the music from my laptop can be transfered to mcr603 via bluetooth?

do you mean by their range is short that they have a short lifetime or something else?

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #39 of 52
I believe you have to transfer the music files from your laptop to the MCR603 through the optional RX101 module which cost $100.
Range is distance like how far away is your laptop from the MCR603.

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #40 of 52
my laptop is 5 or 6m from where my hifi would be ,
is that a problem ?
and do you know what lifetime does aproximately this bluetooth adapter have?
how many hours can i listen to music via this adapter

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:
my laptop is 5 or 6m from where my hifi would be ,
is that a problem ?
and do you know what lifetime does aproximately this bluetooth adapter have?
how many hours can i listen to music via this adapter

That should be fine as long as they are in the same room with no furnitures in between them, the bluetooth standard is up to 100 meters.
Bluetooth is a wireless digital communications standard, meaning it is use to transfer files wirelessly between bluetooth capable devices.
So you have to transfer your music files from your laptop to the MCR603. How many music files you can transfer depends on how much memory
the MCR603 has.

Jul 22, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #44 of 52
what kind of a software?
is it something like a driver
do i get this software on cd with this adapter or can i download him from computer
can i listen to music via bluetooth for longer period( 3 or 4 hours)?

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #45 of 52
i talked today with the man who works in this hifi shop which is selling marantz mcr 603
he told me that it isnt possible to connect this hifi to the laptop with the ethernet(lan) cable,
he told me that i must connect my hifi to the router if i want to listen the music from laptop on my hifi
and that is a problem for me since the router is in the upper flat and my laptop and hifi are at the under flat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back