cd player amplifier with dac
Jul 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #18 of 52
Quote:
did you mean by mbp MacBook Pro?

Yes.

Quote:
what is combo headphone optical out jack?

It means the analog headphone jack also doubles as an optical output. Some Tohibas and HPs years ago used to come with a special adapter so you can hook up a regular mini-Toslink cable to it (the kind you see on a MiniDisc player+recorder unit, the ones that don't need a standard-size MD recorder).

Quote:
is there something cheaper

Quote:

You can use something like a uDAC that has a USB to SPDIF converter.

https://www.nuforce.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=4:udac-2&Itemid=186/

You hook it up to your laptop via USB and SPDIF signal comes out of the RCA jack on the back (coaxial SPDIF).

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #19 of 52
i saw that this marantz mcr 603 has an ethernet input
is it possible to connect laptop via ethernet cable to mcr603
and  listen music from laptop on mcr
will the soundcard from laptop have influence on the sound quality

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #20 of 52
Quote:
i saw that this marantz mcr 603 has an ethernet input
is it possible to connect laptop via ethernet cable to mcr603
and  listen music from laptop on mcr
will the soundcard from laptop have influence on the sound quality

That's what it says in its spec. If you are listening from the MCR603, the laptop's soundcard shouldn't have any effect on the sound.

"But it does not stop there: you can connect the Melody Media to the Internet or your PC via the Ethernet port on the back. With its DLNA1.5 certification via vTuner he gives access to thousands of free Internet radio stations from around the world - or how about online music service Napster And of course you can also just play music stored. On your own PC Whatever your needs are, the powerful receiver with its 2 x 60W rms gives all music loudly and clearly, with all the convenience of a large display. The Melody Media has it all!"

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #21 of 52
so i just connect my laptop to  marantz mcr603 hifi via ethernet cable
and listen the music from laptop(flac-foobar) on my marantz hifi?
and the soundcard from laptop wont have any influence in the sound?
if that s correct than my problems solved
i just buy a 5m cable and connect my laptop from my worktable
to my hifi system which is near my bed and listen to music with the same quality i would get
through cd player on this same hifi

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #22 of 52
I believe you can. Foobar supports DLNA (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/UPnP/DLNA_Renderer,_Server,_Control_Point_%28foo_upnp%29)

"DLNA
The M-CR603's Ethernet connection is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7 compliant so you can easily access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC. And it also connects to your home network, interfacing with other connected components while putting you in touch with a whole host of audio content now available on the web. You can also utilize third-party I/P control systems, and get firmware updates to make your system work better!"

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #23 of 52
than my problem is solved
just one important question
is it enough just to connect the hifi mcr603 and the laptop via ethernet cable or do i
need to connect my laptop or hifi with the router or modem via ethernet cable?
i ask that because my routher isnt in the room where my laptop and hifi are
it s in my upper floor

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #24 of 52
Quote:
than my problem is solved
just one important question
is it enough just to connect the hifi mcr603 and the laptop via ethernet cable or do i
need to connect my laptop or hifi with the router or modem via ethernet cable?
i ask that because my routher isnt in the room where my laptop and hifi are
it s in my upper floor

You can do it either way as long as they see each other and communicate.

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #26 of 52
Quote:
so if i understood your answer, its enough if i just connect  only my laptop and pc
(so i dont need to connect to the router)

Yes, you do not need to connect to a hub, a router or a switch. You can also do it by wireless, wi-fi. There are USB-wi-fi dongles. My Oppo-95 came with one. So your laptop could be anywhere in your house and your MCR603 can be anywhere in your house as well. That's the beauty of DLNA.

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #28 of 52
my modem is wireless(my laptop isnt wired with modem)
sorry but i dont know what a wireless hub is?
can you explain please
(my english is bad,i m from croatia)
 is this hub something like a bluetooth adapter or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back