CD/MP3 Player
Dec 26, 2002 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BrianH

New Head-Fier
I do not have a clue where to start looking for something to use with my new headphones/amp. I know it has to play CDs and it has to be able to play MP3 cds too. Also cdrs and cdrws should be compatible. I do not want to spend more than $120 bucks but I want something that puts out great sound.
Any opinions?

Dec 29, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 6
Slim-X hands down. I just got the IMP-350 today and it is awsome. 150 at Best Buy with a 20 dollar rebate because I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for one to be shipped. You can find them online for around 120 shipped if you look
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2002 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 6
You really shouldn't regret it. It is a pretty awsome cd player. I have yet to notice the hiss people talk about in it and so far my battery life is on par, listened to it for 8 hours straight last night and the batterys were still looking good
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 6
Do you use an amplifier to power it, I already have a HeadRoom AirHead that I use with my ER-6s. I also have a pair of Grado SR-60s that sound nice with the amp.

Dec 29, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Nope, can't afford one. I'm stuck with just the Slimx and a pair of mx500s. Sounds a bit muddy since I have to use radio shack pads to get a decent fit with the mx500s. Going to buy the px200s whenever headphone.com gets them back in stock and hope that it sounds better
smily_headphones1.gif
O, not that it's the player the mx500s I have sound like mud with everything
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back