CD, DVD & jewel-case labelling software?
Dec 12, 2006 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

watchpocket

New Head-Fier
[ I posted this question in the Cables & Accessories forum
but got no responses. This might be a better place for it. ]

What program(s) do folks here find best for labelling of
jewel-case inserts and CDs and DVDs?

I'm looking for software to use on Windows XP.

cdrLabel <http://www.ziplabel.com> looks like it might not be
bad, but development on it appears to have stopped in '04.

Dec 12, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 4
It sounds as if you're hunting for software that will peck track information from freedb &tc and paste same into neatly arranged CD inserts -- perhaps with festive hummingbird album art. Since I tend only to use a PC at work and Macs in sessions and at home, I haven't bothered to dl much PC grub beyond foobar, Exact Audio Copy and FLAC. Still, I'll try to put you on course for the correct solution.

Though it isn't exactly "made for Windows," I wonder whether you've considered using iTunes. If you would, here's an easy method: simply select an album, playlist or queue of burned files and enter Command+P. A dialog box will appear offering various automated CD templates (some of which include album art, if you've allowed any in iTunes) with tidily formatted tracklists. (If this doesn't "meet your needs," then try Command+P+V+T, and a seedier dialog box will gesture graphically toward a trenchcoatful of suggestive postcards, collapsible travel hookahs and nanopods that turn out to be French non-ticklers for the two dimensional.)

I don't know whether it's any good, but here's an app that allows you to proceed in automated or manual mode, depending on the task: Acoustica.

Here, too, is a list of Freeware and Shareware label printing apps.

If you tire of searching for automated solutions, here are a few templates for you to try in acrobat, Pagemaker, Quark and PS. Here, too, is a thread containing templates in MS Word.

Here is a tutorial on direct-to-CD printing from Electronic Musician (April 2006), should you decide to become a minimalist.

By the by: If your lone watch pocket also contains your wallet, then I'm deeply sorry. If not, then I envy your pockets' absence (and your money belt's chastity buckle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back