Cd/DVD component to blwo me away with sound!
May 22, 2004 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Scholarlymonk

Head-Fier
I am lookign for a CD or better yet a DVD player that will really just sound amazing. It will feed into a Sony 1000ES reciever and some Mirage Speakers. I have a DVD player and just picked up a 563a but really was not impressed. I got probely less than Four hundred dollars but want something to make the music shine.
Any suggestions?

May 23, 2004 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholarlymonk
I got probely less than Four hundred dollars but want something to make the music shine.
Any suggestions?

You may want to be more realistic about what $400 will bring you. Although having "the music shine" is a very individual thing and more easily attained ($$$) for some than for others.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 6
I have only tried a few CDP's but im pretty happy with my Philips 963SA. Has good CD payback, excellent DVD video & plays SACD's too. Costs less than $400.

May 25, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
I have only tried a few CDP's but im pretty happy with my Philips 963SA. Has good CD payback, excellent DVD video & plays SACD's too. Costs less than $400.

good call. good guys closing them out @ $299 in my town and w/ a sacdmods package @ $391.00 down the road you have an opportunity for something pretty special. i just bought $1600 worth of turntable or i'd be jumpin' on one my (own bad) self.
=CPW=

May 25, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholarlymonk
I am lookign for a CD or better yet a DVD player that will really just sound amazing... ...I got probely less than Four hundred dollars but want something to make the music shine.
Any suggestions?

I wanted my music to shine too!
Bad idea. $3K later I'm still trying to make it shinier. Be happy with waht you have. Once you let these psychos convince you, it's a slippery slope to debtor's prison. Might be cheaper to buy drugs than indulge in audio gear. HmmPh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back