CD Club (kind of like a book club)
Jul 3, 2002 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kronsteen

New Head-Fier
Has anyone here ever conducted a CD version of the "Book Club"? I was thinking of running something like that by posting the idea in a thread (under the "Music" forum).

First off, I'd need about 10 to 15 people agree to take part, and then, one person (I can go first) burns a music mix (CD or tape), makes a bunch of copies for everyone and sends them out. The group then discusses the music in the original thread.

Mixes could be anything from your favorite Jazz tunes (or Blues, Rock, Japanese Pop, etc. . . ), to maybe a theme like "Backyard Barbecue" (or "mellow / techno / ambient stuff you might use to calm yourself down after raving all night on ecstasy," etc. . . )

To participate, everyone would have to 1) agree to make a mix, 2) have access to Tape & CD Players, 3) give a shipping address and pay for their own expenses (i.e. materials and shipping), 4) keep an open mind.

Does this sound like it would work? Is 10 to 15 people too many? (I'm thinking of keeping it to no more than 10 people since 15 mixes might take forever to get through)

Any suggestions?

Jul 3, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 4
as this involves copying and distributing music, bad idea. it could get the forum in trouble if you organize it from here. do what you want off the forums tho, as long as it's legal
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2002 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 4
well how about a "listening" club where someone picks there 5 favorite cd's and we circulate them ala mystery cd box, except the person just "listens" to each of the 5 cd's and then we discuss it after everyone has listened to the discs and sent them on their way?

matthew

Jul 3, 2002 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 4
Read this story:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/775684.asp?0dm=C14MT

This article is one more sign that the industry's on the hunt, and I will not be a target. So discussion of illegally copying music here will have to be quashed as soon as it starts.

This thread will be locked now, and then deleted by the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back