CD advice needed for Grado sr80
Apr 14, 2006 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ta4101

New Head-Fier
Hi guys i'm a newbie here and your knowledge and advice would be greatly aprieciated.
I have owned a set of sr80's for over a year now but they have done little more than get plugged into my ipod all of my listening is done late while relaxed in bed.
I now need to go back and get myself a good old fashioned cd player with headphone output I have seen and read much about the use of headphone amps that has confused me even more
confused.gif

So far I have tried the marantz cd5001 ose I have noticed a great difference between this and the standard versions output via phone socket.

The guy in my local hifi store has been very patient with me but in reality I will never know until I'm flatback on that bed lights off with a bit of Gabriel 4 burning my cans to bits
rs1smile.gif

The big question is, should I be going this route and looking at cd players with phone outputs and thinking amp later? my budget is around this price £200-250 the cd5001 ose is supposed to have a better phone output over the standard cd5001.

Has anyone got this player or is there any recomendations for a good cd player with phones output.

Thanks for looking

Baden

Users who are viewing this thread

Back