Cayin Soul 170HA: A Beastly TOTL Vacuum Tube Headphone/Speaker Amplifier wth KT170
May 26, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #106 of 121
May 26, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #107 of 121
Jun 3, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #108 of 121
After multiple rounds of testing and feedback, we have finally completed the sound-turning exercises for the Soul 170HA. Our R&D Department will put everything together as our pre-production reference unit, and we are ready to move on to the trial production phase.

As one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers, we won't doubt whether the Soul 170HA can handle hard-to-drive headphones satisfactorily, and we want it to do more than that. On top of using the renowned Susvara in our audition, we also tested the 170HA with UM Fusang IEM, Focal Radiance, HD580 Jubilee, ... etc to ensure that the Soul170HA delivers satisfactory audio performance across headphones/earphones with different impedances and driving requirements.

The pictures below show Mr. Thomas Liang, the CEO of Cayin, and Mr. Dehai Chen, our Chief Engineer, conducting the tuning and evaluation of Soul 170 HA!

170HA R&D audition 05.jpg

170HA R&D audition 01.jpg

170HA R&D audition 06.jpg

170HA R&D audition 04.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 3, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #109 of 121
After multiple rounds of testing and feedback, we have finally completed the sound-turning exercises for the Soul 170HA. Our R&D Department will put everything together as our pre-production reference unit, and we are ready to move on to the trial production phase.

As one of the most powerful headphone amplifiers, we won't doubt whether the Soul 170HA can handle hard-to-drive headphones satisfactorily, and we want it to do more than that. On top of using the renowned Susvara in our audition, we also tested the 170HA with UM Fusang IEM, Focal Radiance, HD580 Jubilee, ... etc to ensure that the Soul170HA delivers satisfactory audio performance across headphones/earphones with different impedances and driving requirements.

The pictures below show Mr. Thomas Liang, the CEO of Cayin, and Mr. Dehai Chen, our Chief Engineer, conducting the tuning and evaluation of Soul 170 HA!

With the removed cage it is even nicer.

Jun 4, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #110 of 121

These two lucky guy have all the fun while all we have is pictures, dreams and some bla bla bla from Andy! :ksc75smile: Ho well, I can at least give some credit to Andy, he is one of the most entertaining on Headfi with all his product announcements! :beerchug:

This thing is a BEAUTY, man ho man. Will it have a remote volume control Andy?

Jun 5, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #112 of 121
These two lucky guy have all the fun while all we have is pictures, dreams and some bla bla bla from Andy! :ksc75smile: Ho well, I can at least give some credit to Andy, he is one of the most entertaining on Headfi with all his product announcements! :beerchug:

This thing is a BEAUTY, man ho man. Will it have a remote volume control Andy?
Yes, we are working on the remote control function before we pass the design to the production team.

Thanks for the good words, I got a lot of feedback that my product announcement posts were too detailed and technical, they lost focus by the time they finished the opening post. :sweat_smile:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 5, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #113 of 121
Thanks for the good words, I got a lot of feedback that my product announcement posts were too detailed and technical, they lost focus by the time they finished the opening post. :sweat_smile:
Can't please everyone. I loved the Super detailed and technical product announcement posts

Jun 5, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #114 of 121
@Andykong do you have to buy what's in your Sig or are they perks? So jealous 😁

Jun 6, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #116 of 121
I'm curious about the volume control system, is it a stepped attenuator or smooth potentiometer?

Jun 6, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #117 of 121
Jun 6, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #118 of 121
Smooth without steps
Interesting, ty, I guess Cayin have prioritised the users ability to make very fine volume changes in such a powerful amp.

Jun 6, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #119 of 121
Interesting, ty, I guess Cayin have prioritised the users ability to make very fine volume changes in such a powerful amp.
Certainly did. I had no issues with fine tuning the volume on sensitive Meze headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back