Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
May 12, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #3,406 of 3,665
From what I understand, reading around, the RU6 really appreciates analytical IEMs and with those you get practically no drop in detail or resolution. Certainly associating it with iems already set on warm sounds you lose something in resolution so the moral is to use it with iems like Mest MKII or Jewel, but then I'll try it calmly also with the IT07, Monarch and Z1R... who knows what the RU6 don't surprise me even with those. For now I can say that I have found what I was looking for... a different sound signature from all the dap/dacs I own without emptying my wallet shortly after the purchase of the Jewels which have already made a nice deep hole. lol
That's a good take. To my ears the os mode sounds like a more transparent version of the nos mode with the same musicality.

May 12, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #3,407 of 3,665
Just out of curiosity, has anyone measured the consumption of RU6? I'm going from memory and it seems to me that the one of the W1 is about 90/110mw and 120/140mw for the W2, who knows if that of the RU6 is much higher...

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #3,408 of 3,665
I can't wait for it to arrive, my Jewels are quivering
HiddenSmallHarrierhawk-small.gif

May 12, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #3,410 of 3,665
How to update device firmware ? :rolling_eyes:

Is it possible at all ?
There's no firmware to update, since the RU6 uses discrete R-2R architecture.

You are good to go. Enjoy!

May 12, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #3,412 of 3,665
There's no firmware to update, since the RU6 uses discrete R-2R architecture.

You are good to go. Enjoy!
Finally!!!! Enough of these firmware to update and then hope that they work and do not block the device ... this RU6 takes us back in time to the legendary 70s, 80s and 90s when we listened to the best music ever released without too many worries. It was an easier and more beautiful world to live in… just like the RU6. Congratulations Cayin for this time machine that you gave us.

May 12, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #3,413 of 3,665
wreszcie!!!! Dosyć tych firmware'ów do aktualizacji, a potem mam dodatek, że jeden i nie blokują urządzenia... ten RU6 przenosi nas w czasie do legendarnych lat 70., 80. i 90., kiedy słuchaliśmy muzyki, jaka wyszła wydana, bez zbytniego zmartwienie. To był łatwiejszy i piękniejszy świat do życia… tak jak w przypadku RU6. Gratulacje Cayin za ten wehikuł czasu, który nam dałeś.
635809824922215243-AP-BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-DAY-76890712.JPG

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #3,415 of 3,665
Finally!!!! Enough of these firmware to update and then hope that they work and do not block the device ... this RU6 takes us back in time to the legendary 70s, 80s and 90s when we listened to the best music ever released without too many worries. It was an easier and more beautiful world to live in… just like the RU6. Congratulations Cayin for this time machine that you gave us.
I heard the 90's was pretty cool.

May 12, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #3,416 of 3,665
I heard the 90's was pretty cool.
I didn’t find any genre that not sound great, maybe some extremely busy stuff but even then dac sounds at least decent.
This dac shines with vocal centric and instrumental based music, less so for electronic music for that you need good quality delta sigma dac. Questyle M15, L&P W2, Moondrop Moonriver 2, IFI GoBar…

May 12, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #3,417 of 3,665
I'm trying it now with the Monarch first model and it manages to do something that no other dac can do... it makes the infamous hole in the mid-bass that afflicted these iems since the beginning disappear.
Now the Monarchs can also be used for rock songs without any problem, but the bass has become even more monstrous ... it's like being in a disco a meter from a thousand watt speaker ... lol
Paolo Nutini's voice in These streets is absolutely goosebumps... a show!

May 13, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #3,418 of 3,665
Ok, discovered everything ... the jitterbug will make another 3/4 years of drawer ... lol
Jitteburg removed and ticking disappeared and for those who were wondering it also greatly worsens the dynamics of the RU6.
I have recently bought one of these jitterbugs. I don't have enough listening time to forge a definitive opinion about this device but I don't think it can affect dynamics at all. It sits between the source and the DAC, all it can modify it the digital data transmission in a similar way than a reclocker would.

My initial impression from listening to the RU6 through the jitterbug is that I hear a slight improvement in detail retrieval and an ever slightly improvement in imaging

May 13, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #3,419 of 3,665
I have recently bought one of these jitterbugs. I don't have enough listening time to forge a definitive opinion about this device but I don't think it can affect dynamics at all. It sits between the source and the DAC, all it can modify it the digital data transmission in a similar way than a reclocker would.

My initial impression from listening to the RU6 through the jitterbug is that I hear a slight improvement in detail retrieval and an ever slightly improvement in imaging
It went differently for me, with the jitterbug you hear ticking sometimes in the right channel and sometimes in the left and the whole music scene becomes darker and less engaging. Maybe you have the new model, but I have the old one.

May 13, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #3,420 of 3,665

Does anyone have experience with using a recklocker with a RU6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back