Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Jan 15, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #3,121 of 3,685
Hi, I have a question about ru6 with TIDAL.
When I connect ru6 and open TIDAL, it’s seem like TIDAL doesn’t recognize ru6.
But with UAPP is ok.
Is this normal for ru6 with TIDAL?

attached picture when I connect ES100.

65F9FCA7-BF62-4F3E-88BD-2D2080F98378.jpeg

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #3,122 of 3,685
Cayin's 2023 Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, and all teams in Cayin will have their yearly holiday starting 14th January 2023, and we shall resume operation on 30th January 2023.

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Rabbit.

Chinese New Year 2023.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 15, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #3,123 of 3,685
Hi, I have a question about ru6 with TIDAL.
When I connect ru6 and open TIDAL, it’s seem like TIDAL doesn’t recognize ru6.
But with UAPP is ok.
Is this normal for ru6 with TIDAL?

attached picture when I connect ES100.

65F9FCA7-BF62-4F3E-88BD-2D2080F98378.jpeg
You're with a device which both tidal and uapp installed?
When plugging ru6, what do you see? Is there a pop up ask for acess permission of uapp?
If you click yes, tidal can not be access to ru6 even if you close uapp at that time.
In uapp setting menu has an option to deactive the connection, it will release ru6 when press Home button (android)

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #3,125 of 3,685
Yes, both on my device.
UAPP show first and I cancel it then I open TIDAL still no ask for permission.
I never find tidal ask for permission on my phone.
It just like youtube, Spotify...etc, use default audio path of android

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #3,126 of 3,685
I have tidal permission...so I don't understand why it doesn't work for you

Jan 15, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #3,128 of 3,685
The main reasons for skipping that one was because it's connectors looked bulky

I hear you! We did our best to reduce the size of both ends as much as we could and have our OTG reliable in the long run. It looks bulky on some photos, but in practice it's quite manageable, thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 16, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #3,129 of 3,685
I have tidal permission...so I don't understand why it doesn't work for you
Sorry I've made a mistake. In fact, it works with UAPP and Hiby, not Tidal.

Regarding the DDHifi cable after a longer session, I can say it changes nothing with my phone, only with my DAP. With my S21 Ultra I need to use wifi only and turn off bluetooth...Strange...

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #3,130 of 3,685
Cayin RU-6 with Magsafe wallet iPhone Case modded with incision to access volume controls with OEOTG lightning to usb-c cable with the Raptgo Hook-X run balanced makes for a great portable setup. The one major flaw however is the iPhone's lightning port. Even with the supposedly more powerful OEOTG cable, there is still clipping at around volume 54 or higher on certain tracks with heavy bass impact. I didn't notice any superior performance with the OEOTG lightning cable versus the stock lightning cable that Cayin provides. Note: clipping only happens with Oversampling mode turned on (the mode I personally prefer), but if you use the RU-6 with iPhone on NOS mode or unbalanced, clipping is less of an issue. Once the iPhone gets USB-C later this year, this should be a flawless portable rig.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPEG
    IMG_0029.JPEG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #3,132 of 3,685
Cayin RU-6 with Magsafe wallet iPhone Case modded with incision to access volume controls with OEOTG lightning to usb-c cable with the Raptgo Hook-X run balanced makes for a great portable setup. The one major flaw however is the iPhone's lightning port. Even with the supposedly more powerful OEOTG cable, there is still clipping at around volume 54 or higher on certain tracks with heavy bass impact. I didn't notice any superior performance with the OEOTG lightning cable versus the stock lightning cable that Cayin provides. Note: clipping only happens with Oversampling mode turned on (the mode I personally prefer), but if you use the RU-6 with iPhone on NOS mode or unbalanced, clipping is less of an issue. Once the iPhone gets USB-C later this year, this should be a flawless portable rig.
Dude my OEOTG cable just came in today and I was about to post the same thing. I didn’t get the iPhone “edition” of the RU6 so I don’t have Cayin’s iPhone cable. I decided to save a couple bucks since I already have some small usb c to lightning otg cables, but I guess they weren’t rated to carry enough power or whatever because the RU6 just didn’t work when plugged into my phone. At least the OEOTG cable can power it! But yeah for me it starts clipping at 45, OS, and high gain. But I’ll take that over not playing anything at all!

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #3,133 of 3,685
Is there a difference in Single Ended Sound quality between ru-6 and Shanling ua3 or does it only Makes Sense for balanced Connection?
Damping & Balanced amp power
If you are using dynamic drivers (in headphones or IEMs), the higher the power fed to the drivers, the better the damping of the back current induced in the driver (by the moving coil in magnetic field).

My assumption is that even though I can get the same volume with SE and balanced out, that the balanced circuit (i.e. more potential power) will have a better "grip" on the drivers (i.e. better damping).

Am I on the right track?

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #3,134 of 3,685
Damping & Balanced amp power
If you are using dynamic drivers (in headphones or IEMs), the higher the power fed to the drivers, the better the damping of the back current induced in the driver (by the moving coil in magnetic field).

My assumption is that even though I can get the same volume with SE and balanced out, that the balanced circuit (i.e. more potential power) will have a better "grip" on the drivers (i.e. better damping).

Am I on the right track?
Yes.
Most people think that power is only useful for getting loud.

Jan 22, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #3,135 of 3,685
So my friend is in the process of getting a dac but it won't be that soon. But he does currently have an RU6.

I've seen people here use it with an external amp. What setting is he suppose to use to get 2.0v output assuming he plan to hook it up to an amp?

i.e. high gain or low gain? And what volume?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back