Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Aug 3, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #4,531 of 5,571
I'm abit confused with my new N8ii.
I set Max Battery to be 85% (based on what I read) in Settings.
However, when left charging last night, it went up from 16% to 99% .

It seems the Battery limit doesn't work? Does anyone else have this issue? @CayinSupport @Andykong

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #4,532 of 5,571
And if I may add 2 or so more cents of laude for technical execution: When reading over there on ”the other Rohm DAP (DX320)“ thread, you read about so many technical flaws which Cayin just managed to NOT have in the N8ii. Audible EMI/RFI interference from WiFi (its own, home router) in the Nutube module - a dealbreaker, microphonics of the Nutubes, components of the Nutubes module getting dislodged, huge and highly disappointing sound differences between different firmware versions, double-tap-to-wake not functioning, and even those file access hurdles imposed by Google in Android 11 … you know what I mean and can name it …

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #4,533 of 5,571
I'm abit confused with my new N8ii.
I set Max Battery to be 85% (based on what I read) in Settings.
However, when left charging last night, it went up from 16% to 99% .

It seems the Battery limit doesn't work? Does anyone else have this issue? @CayinSupport @Andykong
You need to keep Android running while charging for the limit to be observed. Probably that‘s what you were missing?

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #4,534 of 5,571
You need to keep Android running while charging for the limit to be observed. Probably that‘s what you were missing?
So N8ii needs to be on throughout the charging process?

I currently have 30mins Idle Shutdown feature activated.

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #4,535 of 5,571
So N8ii needs to be on throughout the charging process?

I currently have 30mins Idle Shutdown feature activated.
yea, android system won't be able to track battery charge if its not switched on since its a software limit on battery charge instead of a hardware solution

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #4,536 of 5,571
yea, android system won't be able to track battery charge if its not switched on since its a software limit on battery charge instead of a hardware solution

Sony zm2 can do it though 🤔

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #4,537 of 5,571
Sony zm2 can do it though 🤔
ohhh I didn't know that, interesting. Probably implementation on a deeper level I guess. Would be hard to imagine Cayin doing something similar tbh

Aug 3, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #4,538 of 5,571
Shouldnt it actually cause constant charging?

Once it reaches the max limit (eg 85%), software will stop charging process.

But because android is still running in the background, it will drain the battery slowly and cause battery to drop to 84%.

Then software will resume the charging process again?

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #4,539 of 5,571
Shouldnt it actually cause constant charging?

Once it reaches the max limit (eg 85%), software will stop charging process.

But because android is still running in the background, it will drain the battery slowly and cause battery to drop to 84%.

Then software will resume the charging process again?
I think that‘s what is called trickle charging.

My N8ii drops by approx. 1% in 24 hours or so when Android fell asleep. Flight mode, of course.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #4,540 of 5,571
And if I may add 2 or so more cents of laude for technical execution: When reading over there on ”the other Rohm DAP (DX320)“ thread, you read about so many technical flaws which Cayin just managed to NOT have in the N8ii. Audible EMI/RFI interference from WiFi (its own, home router) in the Nutube module - a dealbreaker, microphonics of the Nutubes, components of the Nutubes module getting dislodged, huge and highly disappointing sound differences between different firmware versions, double-tap-to-wake not functioning, and even those file access hurdles imposed by Google in Android 11 … you know what I mean and can name it …
I have DX320 and I don't have all of this technical issues that you mentioned, since I don't do streaming and I hate Android OS in DAP (exclusively playing in Mango OS). As for sound difference between firmware, its not dealbreaker for me, to my ears the difference is not that significant, and you can roll back to older firmware anytime.

So maybe DX320 is perfect for someone like me who don't do streaming and its more friendly to your wallet.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #4,541 of 5,571
That thread is a real rollercoaster
Fun to follow actually
Sort of The Bold and the beautiful ...
But still no DX320 here ... 🤷

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #4,542 of 5,571
That thread is a real rollercoaster
Fun to follow actually
Sort of The Bold and the beautiful ...
But still no DX320 here ... 🤷
In Vietnam it is so popular that they are giving it away for free, that is if you buy the Aroma Jewel! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 4, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #4,544 of 5,571
Prototype by Dignis. Hope to buy final product soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg1rll8r8JK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Screenshot_20220804-220022_Instagram.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back