Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
May 29, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #3,872 of 5,571
No, unfortunately not. There was no reaction, neither musicteck not Cayin reacted to my post…😡

There were two ways to handle it. The first one was to send it back to musicteck in the name of the original owner and claim warranty. I definitely thought about this and had the okay from him.

But I chose the second way and shipped it directly to Cayin in China. I will tell you, how the story ends and how much I had to pay for the service.

And by the way I bought an iBasso dx320 yesterday. I‘ll hope the service here is better. 😏

But thanks for your interest! 👍🏻

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #3,873 of 5,571
No, unfortunately not. There was no reaction, neither musicteck not Cayin reacted to my post…😡

There were two ways to handle it. The first time one is to send it back to musicteck in the name of the original owner and claim warranty. I definitely thought about this and had the okay from him.

But I chose the second way and shipped it directly to Cayin in China. I will tell you, how the story ends and how much I had to pay.

And by the way I bought an iBasso dx320 yesterday. I‘ll hope the service here is better. 😏

I own a DX300
Actually bought it last week
And I like it a lot
That will be my travel DAP
C9 & N8II stay home
IMG20220527191056-02.jpeg

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #3,876 of 5,571

There were two ways to handle it. The first one was to send it back to musicteck in the name of the original owner and claim warranty. I definitely thought about this and had the okay from him.

But I chose the second way and shipped it directly to Cayin in China. I will tell you, how the story ends and how much I had to pay for the service.

You haven't had bad service as such just service within the terms if the warranty

Lots of companies use a non transfer policy on goods, doesn't make it bad just their policy...seems a little unfair to imply its a bad service 🤔

May 29, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #3,877 of 5,571
You haven't had bad service as such just service within the terms if the warranty

Lots of companies use a non transfer policy on goods, doesn't make it bad just their policy...seems a little unfair to imply its a bad service 🤔
Sorry, that was not my intention. I am just a „New Head-Fier“, only for a year active, what would my personal opinion change? These are big companies with thousands of customers, they really don’t care, I am well aware of that.

And to be clear I did not say „bad service“ in any word. I said a „better“ service…

To me it’s is not only what is written in laws or customer restrictions, it’s about how you treat your customers. And if you read my story their reaction seems to be little emotionless. But it’s always the point of view, I see. This can be handled rational or you can show some compassion. If you have a restaurant and somebody orders a glass of wine and he knocks of the glass, would you charge him for the second glass? 🤑

May 29, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #3,879 of 5,571
Sorry, that was not my intention. I am just a „New Head-Fier“, only for a year active, what would my personal opinion change? These are big companies with thousands of customers, they really don’t care, I am well aware of that.

And to be clear I did not say „bad service“ in any word. I said a „better“ service…

To me it’s is not only what is written in laws or customer restrictions, it’s about how you treat your customers. And if you read my story their reaction seems to be little emotionless. But it’s always the point of view, I see. This can be handled rational or you can show some compassion. If you have a restaurant and somebody orders a glass of wine and he knocks of the glass, would you charge him for the second glass? 🤑

I see your point however what would showing emotion mean? Giving you an exchange? Or waiving their own warranty policy? I did read your story and have been in similar scenario myself in the past, and to be honest I wasn't happy with the company involved either however this is their policy and if they show emotion and say waived the policy for the clien then the floodgates could open.

The point is more to do with the policy itself rather than Cayin or Musicteck's implementation of the policy.

I very rarely buy 2nd hand goods if its a company with a non transfer of warranty policy for this very reason.

May 29, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #3,880 of 5,571
Hello everyone. Have a weird situation with my 512gb sandisk extreme . I copied almost 500gb into it ,but after transfer was finished only 200gb was in the memory and very randomly(like half of albums or folders). Does anyone had the same issue? Should i format it and if yes to what system exFat or ntfs. Also what allocation unit size should I pick . Thank you(never had any lags like this before)

Reformat in device or use exFAT - don’t use NTFS. I’ve formatted all of my Sandisk and Microns with my MBP without any issues - Disk Utility set to exFAT.

Also the actual storage size is less than 512gb when formatted and don’t recommend transferring all files at once - microSD gets very hot even with 80-100gb at a time.

May 29, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #3,881 of 5,571
Is N8ii unable to play M4P files? Albums i downloaded off Apple Music app can't be detected in the Cayin app. Even when using UAPP, it detects the files but unable to play them..

May 29, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #3,882 of 5,571
Is N8ii unable to play M4P files?

One of the many reasons I don't deal with Apple. I do believe the "P" at the end stands for protected... so very good chance they won't play outside of the main app due to some DRM crap Apple imbedded.

May 29, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #3,883 of 5,571
Could i kindly ask at what volume level you all play at i am currently p+ ss class ab @ between 50 to 60.
I have the Meze copper Lead with the Meze elite Just for Reference as i am thinking this may be too high.

May 29, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #3,884 of 5,571
Is N8ii unable to play M4P files?

One of the many reasons I don't deal with Apple. I do believe the "P" at the end stands for protected... so very good chance they won't play outside of the main app due to some DRM crap Apple imbedded.
Yeah, if they are protected I don't think there is any mechanism to unlock them outside of Apple's music players where you can log in. Might be a way to illegally strip the protection but I have not gone down that alley in years and years. I just stopped buying protected songs from them.

I have a few tracks that are just lost to me now, on an account who's password changed or account was deleted. Good thing they were the 128K one's Apple originally sold you as music.

May 29, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #3,885 of 5,571
Could i kindly ask at what volume level you all play at i am currently p+ ss class ab @ between 50 to 60.
I have the Meze copper Lead with the Meze elite Just for Reference as i am thinking this may be too high.
I'm usually around 40, with P+, HighGain, Tube - with Aroma Jewel. A18T a few notches lower. I find high gain gives a more dynamic signature, even if the IEM doesn't need it, just turn the volume to taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back