Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Jan 1, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #151 of 5,571
I debated with getting the C9 long and hard. I love all that it has to offer, but for the same reason, I struggle to use my KSE1500 (which I value highly), for me, the days of staking is over.

I'm an IEM user, and I don't need my DAP to drive a Susvara. If a DAP has the ability to get the transient right(light Chord Hugo 2) with an added hint of warmth C9 without sounding digital (like LP6 Gold), with a focus for being driving IEM first, that is a dream unit for me.

I really don't get why people get excited or ask for an IEM to driver headphones.

Jan 1, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #152 of 5,571
I debated with getting the C9 long and hard. I love all that it has to offer, but for the same reason, I struggle to use my KSE1500 (which I value highly), for me, the days of staking is over.

I'm an IEM user, and I don't need my DAP to drive a Susvara. If a DAP has the ability to get the transient right(light Chord Hugo 2) with an added hint of warmth C9 without sounding digital (like LP6 Gold), with a focus for being driving IEM first, that is a dream unit for me.

I really don't get why people get excited or ask for an IEM to driver headphones.

This happens all the time. When we launch a DAP or portable amp, someone will ask can it driver demanding headphones? When we launch a full size tube amplifier, someone will ask can it driver sensitive IEM.

By the way, I prefer KSE1200 over KSE1500. I don't exactly know the DAC implementation inside KSE1500, but given the variety of DAC options in modern DAPs, I think an analogue based KSE will last longer in product life, and offer more variation when mix and match with different source.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 1, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #153 of 5,571

Even for IEMs I find the additional headroom really helps dynamics, especially macro dynamics.
You can have clean and powerful DAPs so if N8ii works for both then all the better. Some people don't have sedentary setup :p

And if you take some demanding IEMs like Vision Ears Elysium or EXT, Luna and most beryllium DDs the extra power is much welcome.
Some people have nomad headphones as well.

Jan 1, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #156 of 5,571
For a lot of people actually
This is where Cayin C9 stands out... Best companion for any DAP... Works great with low end and high end DAPs effortlessly.. So, you are not out of options...

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #157 of 5,571
My Expected N8ii price costs about ~3000$, I want to compare C9 too.
I would go to 4.5k compared to current releases and the original N8 price at launch. I would hate if that turns out to be the price. But it is what it is.

We are still working on the Bill of Material for N8ii. Maybe I sholuld say "rework" the BOM, the numbers changes so quickly that we have a feeling of working with Stock Funds.

For those who are intestesting in the price guessing game, maybe you want to check out this article with Google Translate. I have used OCR software to change the photo into a word document, so you can translate that as well if you have time. Maybe there are similar article in English available elsewhere, I just came across this in one of our management discussion yesterday.

Please be reminded this is only 2022 Q1, on top of the dramatic price change in 2021.

Attachments

• Semiconditor price in crease 20220101.docx
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 6, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #158 of 5,571
English translation:

PNG image.png

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #159 of 5,571
Jan 6, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #160 of 5,571
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #162 of 5,571
Hopefully Cayin can reverse the current trend toward ever increasing prices in this hobby. Yes component prices have increased, some have decreased too though.

It's within Cayin's ability to reduce their own profit margin too and absorb some of these component price increases, there must be scope to do so with current flagship DAP prices, will they though, we can only hope.

Some of the pricing issue is caused by consumers, how can the N8ii be better than DAP from xyz company if its cheaper, we must trust that Cayin would never sell a product at any price that wouldn't compete on price and performance vs any other similar product.

Just my little contribution on pricing, I'm sure the N8ii will be out of my price range in any case, but I'm more than happy with my N6ii+R01 to keep using it for the foreseeable future.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #164 of 5,571
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #165 of 5,571
Its fine mate. You will just have to choose between a car or a dap.
😂😂 Too true! I’m looking at my DAP’s and now I actually need a new car! Maybe one day they may design a DAP that when connected to the car’s audio docking input the internal battery powers the car! Now that would be something! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back