Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #5,866 of 6,317
Ok so this is weird. But on female vocals I think I might prefer my modded crack over the ha300 (its close). But you know what this happened to me before. I was preferring my bottlehead moreplay over much more expensive preamps (ET5, arc ref5se, allnic l3000v2) and it all changed once I put a puritan line conditioner in. Once I did that the ET5 blew the moreplay out of the water. Now I don't have the puritan right now (at a friends house) but when I get it i want to put it on my headphone stack and see if the same thing happens and the cayin blows the crack away.

EDIT
another update
so the above finding was with ETA o2
with atticus the cayin smashes the crack in every domain.. by a lot
hrmm, so it seems cayin likes 300 ohm

EDIT 2:

I notice solid gains on 800S but its nowhere near atticus gains. Thats weird. Why is atticus benefiting so much more? They are both 300 ohm headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #5,867 of 6,317
Ok so this is weird. But on female vocals I think I might prefer my modded crack over the ha300 (its close). But you know what this happened to me before. I was preferring my bottlehead moreplay over much more expensive preamps (ET5, arc ref5se, allnic l3000v2) and it all changed once I put a puritan line conditioner in. Once I did that the ET5 blew the moreplay out of the water. Now I don't have the puritan right now (at a friends house) but when I get it i want to put it on my headphone stack and see if the same thing happens and the cayin blows the crack away.

EDIT
another update

EDIT 2:

I notice solid gains on 800S but its nowhere near atticus gains. Thats weird. Why is atticus benefiting so much more? They are both 300 ohm headphones.
I have been preaching how good this combo is for a while, and I am glad another Atticus owner finally got a HA300MK2. I really think it's all about synergy, and the Atticus is something special with the Cayin and it's 300B magic. It truly is a magical experience.

Just wait until you roll some better tubes. . .

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #5,868 of 6,317
Rolled in some 6S2S, and I am really liking what I am hearing so far. :o2smile:

1000004965.jpg

More to come. . .

Apr 2, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #5,869 of 6,317

EDIT
another update

EDIT 2:

For the HD800S, stock tubes are a bit warm and smooth. Nice, but doesn’t play as well with the Senn’s strengths. Get some tubes that enhance soundstage, and you’ll see the synergy. WE300b and Russian 6C8C, or what I had last night Raytheon brown base 6J5WGT, will have music flying around your head.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #5,870 of 6,317
I have been preaching how good this combo is for a while, and I am glad another Atticus owner finally got a HA300MK2. I really think it's all about synergy, and the Atticus is something special with the Cayin and it's 300B magic. It truly is a magical experience.

Just wait until you roll some better tubes. . .
Did you try atrium on cayin?

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #5,872 of 6,317
Good morning, dear members.

Can anyone tell me the diference between the Mark II and the first version?
Thank you and all the best!
Check the cayin site. But Better stepped. A better stepped attenuator, better capacitors and I think better Transformers.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #5,874 of 6,317
Thank you for your help. I could not find any anything about that on their website.
Its a big step up afaik. A lot quieter, 4.4 output, better volume control. They make the gorgeous black version as well as the classic silver. Worth the monies imo.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #5,875 of 6,317
Its a big step up afaik. A lot quieter, 4.4 output, better volume control. They make the gorgeous black version as well as the classic silver. Worth the monies imo.
Thank you! I have an oportunity to buy it here in Brasil, used. The MarkII isn't an option right now, unfortunally.
I am trying to take a step up. I currently own a Pathos Aurium. Any of you guys can tell me how many steps up is the Cayin?

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #5,876 of 6,317
Good morning, dear members.

Can anyone tell me the diference between the Mark II and the first version?
Thank you and all the best!
Very first post on this thread has the necessary details and links to posts/videos explaining changes between two gen

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #5,877 of 6,317
Thank you! I have an oportunity to buy it here in Brasil, used. The MarkII isn't an option right now, unfortunally.
I am trying to take a step up. I currently own a Pathos Aurium. Any of you guys can tell me how many steps up is the Cayin?
Any HA300 will be in a completely different league to Pathos. In my humble opinion if you put totl tubes in the HA300 it becomes one of the best amps in the world ... period.

If you have sensitive headphones tho MK1 can be a bit noisy, but this can be remedied with running quieter tubes and power conditioning. I was going through the same with HA6a.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #5,879 of 6,317
Any HA300 will be in a completely different league to Pathos. In my humble opinion if you put totl tubes in the HA300 it becomes one of the best amps in the world ... period.

If you have sensitive headphones tho MK1 can be a bit noisy, but this can be remedied with running quieter tubes and power conditioning. I was going through the same with HA6a.
That is good to know. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back